Thread: 15000 rpm HDD vs. SSD

15000 rpm HDD vs. SSD

I am looking some storage device that is best to my existing system. I decided to attach either SSD or 1500 rpm Hard disk drive onto this system. Can anybody provides me pros and cons of this both the devices. Previously I used 7500 rpm HDD but now I want some up gradation. Thanks for anything.

Re: 15000 rpm HDD vs. SSD

Solid state drives (SSD) are data storage devices that used to store persistent data. Samsung has launch 256GB solid-state drives, and manufacturer sure that this new models are more fast as compared to their previous SSD. If this happen successfully, then I think this will be best for the storage devices. Then user can get the best storage capacity result onto their system. I think the user then can easily store necessary information with an secured manner.

The main difference between solid state drives and hard disk drives is that hard disk drives are electromechanical, meaning that they have moving parts. In simple words we can say that this SSD has been contains some IC’s to store data. It is more secured as compared to the electromechanical devices. If we think speed of the SSD then it is better as compared to the HDD and the reason behind that is there is not any spindle disk process happens onto it.

Yes, I also appreciating the way you explain this concept. This SSD has not contained any moving particles and hence this SSD takes less time to perform read or write task. Hence we can say that the copy or paste type of task much fast perform this SSD devices as compared with HDD. This SSD contains unmatchable fast access time. Hence I recommended to choose SSD onto it.

Yesterday, I read one article that mentioned some important point related to this SSD. The manufacturer of the SSD claimed these speeds make the drive the equivalent of a 15,000rpm hard drive. Hence I also think that this is the best for your system. In contrast a fragmented HDD will greatly reduce read/write times of the hard disk drives and slow your computer down. There is no such fragmentation type of issues present on this SSD. I think this SSD is best for you as compared to the HDD.

I have some different point here that will be explains that how 15000 rpm HDD is best. One major point here is that the newly launched HDD contains 15000 rpm speed means the moving parts of this HDD is being related to the 15000 rpm. I think the speed of this device is being also worked great as compared to the SSD. The SSD sometimes make portability problem while in HDD case, there is no such things happen.

There are some 15000 rpm HDD drive is being available in the market that provide the USB type of port connectivity. Hence we can’t say that every time such HDD gives portability type of issue. Because of the USB port the HDD also can be easily connected to the system without wasting any booting time. The hard disk head only needs to read the file position and then copy its content, only two operation are needed. i think this is the device that works brilliantly with the system that need to permanently connect some storage devices. You can buy such type of 15000 rpm based external USB port HDD and then use it easily on your previously used system. I don’t think that it will be gives you some kind of problem.

SSD is still much faster as the IOPS (input-output operations per/s) are far higher. This is because of the HDD need to connect the device and then boot the system while in the SSD case, most of the time we don’t need to boot all the system.

SSDs usually have random access times of 0.1ms or lower. The entire standard I seem to be at calculating them between 0.06ms and 0.10ms. I don’t think so that the 15000 rpm has been provide such type of accessing time facility and if it provide such thing then also it will be gives sometimes booting type of problem. SSD is best for random I/O, RAID is best for transfer rate.

You couldn't use the 300GB 15k Drive out of the box because it’s an SCSI drive that requires a special controller card. This controller card can also increase the cost of the storage devices. Hence I think you need to buy the SSD for inserting storage devices onto your system. It’s more effective to your system and I hope that it gives you more accurate and effective performance compared with the 15000 rpm HDD.

Yes, SSD are mostly better than hard drives by quite a lot. A hard drive may win only in sequential writes. You can also take advice of the official site expert person. I hope that they will be providing you the more explanation on this issue. They also explain you that should the respective device need any additional connectivity or driver installation process or not.