Thread: Seagate BlackArmorо NAS 220: Time Machine access went bad

Seagate BlackArmorо NAS 220: Time Machine access went bad

I have moved my system and also my new Seagate BlackArmorо NAS 220 to my new office. And there I get the new Apple mac mini descktop, but there I foind one problem related with that and the problem and the problem is that when doing migration assistant I can not access Time Machine vault in Seagate NAS 220 anymore. And also when I select BA_Backup and click to continue beach ball starts to spin and spins forever. And then I decided to reconnect this one to my old Mac and there I found that same happens as well, Time Machine wont connect, similarly just stalls and shows beach ball spinning forever. Anyone can help me here?

Re: Seagate BlackArmorо NAS 220: Time Machine access went bad

Here in your cause I can say that this all looks like to be very bad and for resolving that I will suggest you to delete all the contents of time machine from management. And after this disable the TM service and enabled it. And if still you get the same problem over there also then I will say you to connect with the service department from Seagate. They will help you in this cause.

Yes, I done with that also but after this also I get the same problem over there. For resolving that I have also contacted with the service department from Seagate but they don’t respond for my case. Any other suggestion please? And here I would like to say you that I am having the iOS 10.6 and not 10.7.

For I will recommend you to connect your Seagate BlackArmorо NAS 220 to the machine using the standard Ethernet cable. And if you are using the special crossover cable for that then please don’t use that.

Yes, I also agree with the comment to connect using the crossover cable, only using the standard Ethernet cable. I am sure about that will really help you to connect your time machine to your Seagate BlackArmorо NAS 220, because I was also having this type of the problem and for setting resolve that problem support have given me this suggestion only. And when I tried wth this suggestion I cam eto know that this is working in my cause. Hope that this will also work in your case.

For making sure about that, will sugest you to check by Pinging the IP address which you assigned to the NAS device to see whether it responds and this will help you to assumes it does try manually mapping a drive using Mac Finder. For that you will need to do as:

Click on Go / Connect to Server and then specify the IP Address and path like this in the dialog box - smb://x.x.x.x.
    • For eg: smb://123.156.1.245

Yes, for that reason I have also tried with the connecting it with cable directly to my machine. But there also I found that no help. And after that I found that all my data from other divide away in a hope to swipe the thing and start new. And also I get one more problem related with tthat and the problem is that while doing this all things I found that Seagate Discovery app just crashes while I launch it.

I have the suggestion about this and that is start with the 30-second reset on the device. On the back of the device you can see over there that it is having the small pinhole. But before doing this all things make sure that to press this for the 30 seconds with a paper clip. You can also for the moment avoid the router by straight connecting the drive to the computer's Ethernet port. After you restore the drives inside the field, did you access the web UI for the NAS to maintain the drives? The BlackArmorо NAS 220 won't set up the volumes again until you do so. Enter the IP address for the device into a web browser. And after this try to go to the storage volume.

Yep, kept back the reset button for 30 seconds it now did a restart cycle. But while doing this all things I found that it did not help a thing. And after doing this all I can still see that Discovery software still smash into while looking for the devices. So for that I have also connected the BlackArmorо NAS 220 directly and did port scan and found unknown device after I turned the BA on. It responds to ping but does not allow management even when connecting directly to its IP in browser

For that I think that you will need to connect with the another Ethernet cable and if the device still won't be detected, you will need to have it replaced for that. For same reason you can also set up a warranty exchange online or contact warranty support directly.

So I did one more 30sec recycle change around while the device was linked to the computer. After that network scan was unable to find it at all. It was only device connected to the computer, and there I found that Wi-Fi was off. And when I added new drives to the unit I tried to access the device honestly with its designated IP.

Finally here I can say that there is no one who can really help me in this cause. I think that replacement will be the best option in that case. But here, thanks for this all things.