Thread: Seagate BlackArmor 440: Locking up

Seagate BlackArmor 440: Locking up

Here I am with the new Seagate BlackArmor 440 with the 4 2 TB disks in RAID 10 configuration. Since in me because I can say to be taken to get the ice cream in the last week. And after that I was not able to turn off or use the reset button to restart. I had to pull the power cord each time to reboot. I have since upgraded to the latest firmware to ensure it was not causing the problems.

Re: Seagate BlackArmor 440: Locking up

For that reason I will say that the test for the drivers, if found that the drivers are good, then there may be a problem with the NAS base. If you receive a replacement base NAS must be able to put 4 units in the same failure of the NAS and then still have access to the data. The volume of the 4 units can not be corrupted though. I have taken four units of a NAS and put in an additional and has started and the volume was intact and the NAS I've used all had the latest firmware.

Hello, today I also faced the same problem in the morning, when I'm trying to use this. And after that I went back to get the power to restart it. It takes almost an hour to get back in line and then starts the process that leads transformating almost 24 hours. I think it's awesome wrong with the chassis of the unit, but wanted to share this and see if you have a simple solution. Also when replacing the chassis of what's involved in getting the existing units and their data online?

Here, too, am having the same problem and I can tell me because I'm having this problem with both the Seagate BlackArmor 440.I do not think Seagate has fixed this in previous versions of the firmware so far. Try this latest version, which worked for my first team and now I have applied it to the second unit.

Sorry, I tried with that also and there I found that I am still getting the locking up after installing latest and greatest. So here can you tell me back that how can I directly contact with the Seagate support to take there help.

Hey friends hi, here I think that you all are facing this problem related with the drivers only.i am sure about this because before that I was also having this type of the problem and I have also contacted with the Seagate support and they suggested me that this problem is related with the drivers only and also they suggested me to go for the latest update. And after doing the update I came to know that this start working in my cause. So for you, I will say to do the same as they have suggested to me here. I am sure that you will also get resolve your problem after doing this thing.

In my Seagate BlackArmor 440 I have the firmware version 4000.1211 and when frozen the reset, power and all stay without response. And with this I am using the seagate HD. Any help in my cause also.

In your cause, I think that the problem is totally related with the firmware version 4000.1211, because you are saying here in your thread that you start facing this problem after you have updated the firmware. So for that I think that you will need to downgrade the firmware. And I am sure that this will really help you in this cause.