Thread: Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110: Best transfer Speed Achieved

Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110: Best transfer Speed Achieved

Hey all, I am having the new Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 which is connected to a Netgear 10/100 switch and wile operating with this I can see that it can achieve nearly 100 Mbps bursts during xfers. This is observed in the Windows Task Manager in the Networking Tab. Here I am having some question related with this and the question is:
    • if I am going to upgrade the BA to a Netgear 10/100/1000 switch, then also will I be able to see transfers better than 100 Mbps?

Please reply me for this questions.

Re: Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110: Best transfer Speed Achieved

While using the same Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110, I can say that I am getting here the best transfer speed as 2MB/s which is about the same speed I can write the binary in. what about the other people who are using BlackArmor NAS 110?

I am getting transfer speed as 7 MByte/s and I am having BlackArmor NAS 220 with 2x2TB in RAID1 on HP 1410-8 Gigabit. And also with this I am having original firmware in this. But here my friends are also there who is having the Iomega ix2-200 with 2x2TB in RAID1 which works with 50 MByte/s much quicker. What is the reason to run slow with having the new Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110?

For that reaons I think that for you there will be other reason to use the non DLink brand switch or router and move the NAS to it. This Is because I have seen so many of the people who are saying that there speed have increased to the high as 40 or better. I have also decided to do the same thing, I am having the small Linksys router and with this route I have decided to try with the connecting the 220 and my desktop and doing a large file transfer and see what happens. Otherwise I have decided to see for the other users who have this router so that I can swap out my 825 and test or install a switch and connect my equipment to the switch for the LAN and run a segment to the 825 for internet access. Let e try with this and after this I will reply you for the more help.

Sorry, because I have forgot to say that I am also having the D-Link Router with my networks. But here I am not using this router as the switch over here. And while using this one also I am getting the same speed with the PC.

I am not getting you over here. Are you saying that you have removed the router and installed a switch or do you add a switch onto your network leg and just plug the HD into the HP switch? Or you are trying to say any other thing over here?

For that reason I will recommend you to put the both the TV box and NAS on the switch side and off the router. Here I can see that you have stated over here that you are getting better performance from the TV Box by putting in the HP Switch. And for that I will say that same should be true for the NAS based on what I have been understanding about it. And after this reply me that what speed you are getting over here? this will be based on others making this modify it looks like that they are jumping up as high as 40M/s. and this seems that DLink routers negotiate better with a switch than an end user device.

I am having the same configuration as you have described over here. And also I can see that all the arrows go to the switch. And here I would like to say that I am having the NAS were never on the D-Link Router side, they were always associated straight to the Switch.

Hey all, here I would like to thanks to all you that you all discussed me about this cause. And also after reading all the post I came to know something about the Best transfers Speed. Thanks for that friends.