Thread: How to report a bad drive in BlackArmor NAS 440

How to report a bad drive in BlackArmor NAS 440

I have using the new BlackArmor NAS 440 from the last few weeks and recently I get that the drive is not working. I am sure about this but I not able to report the drive as bad drive. So for that reason I came here to know about the suggestion that will help me to report this bad drive. If anyone have the suggestion about this then please suggest me here back.

Re: How to report a bad drive in BlackArmor NAS 440

According to me, if the drives fails or if the RAID is running in a degraded state at that time the Web Event will occur. And here let me tell you that the Web Event is shown via an amber bar with a warning message within it. And on the top of the BlackArmor Manager pages you can see the bar which is located over there. And for removing the message you can click on the Acknowledge button. At that time you will get that your LCD screen will display a message that denotes a drive failure.

First tell me that which firmware version do you have installed on your BlackArmor NAS at this time? If you dint know about this then I will suggest you to access your web UI. On the page that loads after you sign in, you will see the firmware version listed.

Here I have also successfully added a spare Seagate drive which is Seagate ST31000524AS to the BA slot #1 and also I have maintain it. And when I am connecting this one at that time I found that it get connected easily and it start working at that time. But, when I go to the Volumes page to Recover the drive back into the RAID, I don't get the recovery icons. It is not there. All I can do is add. How do I make the Recover icon appear?

In your cause, I think that this will be very good to move the spare SATA drive into the same slot in enclosure and this will help you to verify if the drive enclosure. For testing the drive itself it would be good to install it internally in a computer, and after the installation make test it with Sea Tools. I went through the process of getting an RMA for the dead drive. We'll use a substitute until it gets here.

Ok, I tried with the all the suggestion which you have suggested in the above posts. I also removed from domain membership after this I have also tried adding, changing things, but still cant get to contents of folders to back up, copy off data. I think that seems broken, even though I can see all the folders across the network. And aftre soing this all thigs here I am havign some question over here and that is do I get a warrenty replacement for this bad drive? It does not power up when put back in the slot. Spins, but does not work when placed in a USB drive caddy, so I can't test it with Seatools

yep dude, now I get some knowledge about the reporting the bad drive I the BlackArmor NAS 440. I was asked you all this because I was sure that drive in my BlackArmor NAS 440 is gone bad, but there I was not able to report this as bad drive. But here I get some information about reporting the drive as bad, and thanks for that friends. because i was also facing the sme problme and here i get the same thread.