Thread: Steps to join Seagate GoFlex Satellite with another Network

Steps to join Seagate GoFlex Satellite with another Network

Recently I have purchase the Seagate GoFlex Satellite. This is the good one as compare to other Wireless Drive. But I am not able to connect this Hard Drive with the Anothere networks, whenever I am trying to get the connection between the GoFlex and another network I fail to do that. So if you guys have any of the information about this how to connect the GoFlex with the remote Networks then do the necessary reply. Your ideas and response will be appreciated.

Re: Steps to join Seagate GoFlex Satellite with another Network

All that I know that it is simple to join this ‘Seagate GoFlex Satellite’ with the other network for that you have to make the used of the wireless tools command. So by using your wireless tools command you have to append the ‘network IP addresses that you want to get the connection along with the password followed by the ‘join’ command.

Even I was also facing the same issue but I have finally get the solution for this query so for that you have to performed the following steps to do that, so for that you have to use the following command
    • First you have to make the connection with the help of the wireless tools command.
    • After that you have to make the use of the ‘join’ command to connect the Network.
    • If you want to search for the network then you can make the use of the ‘scan’ command.
    • If you are using to get connect to the network at your home then you have to make the use of the own IP.
    • After that you have to make the use of the join command to join with the wireless network.
    • You can also make the use to change some more things if you want to get webserver running again.
    • Or simply you can use ps or just kill the webserver, so that you can startup the entire thing using the script.

By changing the command setting you are able to get the connection between the networks and the Seagate GoFlex Satellit, but however there is the alternate methods that can be employ to get the connection, however I make the use of the SAMBA or the webpage on my normal wireless network. So by start digging into the python files you are able to make the web friendly.

You can move the fastcgi in order to get loopback to the address, or you can simply remove the lighttpd ip address binding this also seems to be work fine.
    And also there is the generic conf that possibly works on any ip. So may this is the way that can be used for the process to get the connection.

For this you can startup script in the root directory. So when you reboot the device you’ll be able to just reconnect it the old way.
    And with the help of the few extra steps to run the script, you can also share some of the key files by means of the samba. There is the backup image, and a restore script.
    You have to reboot the system so that it defaults to AP mode, all that the satellite has udhcpc installed by default and that works fine.

This are the following command that you need to use while you are trying to get the connection with the Networks, so for the following command have to execute. First of all you have to be familiar with your wireless tools command ‘/home/wlan/wlarm’; after that you have to make the us e of the join command with the extra things ‘/home/wlan/wlarm join <network> <password>
    ’. if you found any difficulty then you have to make the use of the ‘ifconfig eth0 192.168.128.123 <use your own IP from your network at home>’

There are the simple steps to get the connection for the network with the Seagate so for this you have to make the connection with the wireless tool command. For the joining purpose the join command is used that is have to use in between the IP address of the network and the password. So there are the command that can be used for the searching the network, so with the help of this command first search the network and after that you can make the choice to the network you want to connect and after that you have to make the use of the join command to get the connection between the network and the Seagate.