Thread: My Maxtor OneTouch is not able to find "1394 Storage Front Panel" driver software in Vista

My Maxtor OneTouch is not able to find "1394 Storage Front Panel" driver software in Vista

I am having a Maxtor OneTouch and the problem now I am facing is that the Maxtor OneTouch is not able to find "1394 Storage Front Panel" driver software in Vista. I have tried to install the Firewire 800 card making sure that I have the Vista driver software and I have tried to install it from the Vista software from CD but then it is blank and after re booting it showed that it is installing the driver and got a message saying “FOUND NEW HARDWARE” and then it prompt me to insert a disc and after inserting the disc I got a message saying "Driver not found" message. I don’t know what to do know so any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: My Maxtor OneTouch is not able to find "1394 Storage Front Panel" driver software in Vista

I don’t think that the cd might be blank and I will suggest you to open it and then you will find 5 files:
    • mxofwfp.inf
    • mxofwfp9.cat
    • mxofwfp.cat
    • mxofwfp.sys
    • mxofwfp9.sys

and what you have to do is just point to the installer to E:\drivers>1394 and then check if it is helping or not.

Re: My Maxtor OneTouch is not able to find "1394 Storage Front Panel" driver software in Vista

Even I am facing the same problem and I was able to see these 5 files mxofwfp.inf, mxofwfp9.cat , mxofwfp.cat , mxofwfp.sys ,mxofwfp9.sys and I have tried pointing the installer to E:\drivers>1394 but then I am still getting the "Driver not found" message and I am not able to install the driver as the drive is not getting recognized by the computer. I have opened the mxofwfp.inf installer file and I have found the following:
    ; mxofwfp.inf - Maxtor Corp. 1394 Personal Storage Front Panel Driver
    ;
    ; Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Maxtor Corp.
    ;
    ; $Revision: 1.16 $ (WHQL signed)
    ;
    ; Platforms: Windows 98 SE, Windows Me
    ; Windows 2000, Windows XP

I have faced the same kind of problem actually I the drive was working fine with the Firewire 400 port which came with the computer but by the time I was not having the Vista cd. Later I tried to use the cd that I have got with the driver but then the driver was not recognized and then I tried and found a Vista cd image update on the Maxtor support site and later I downloaded the image and then burned it in to I cd and then I installed the Vista software and then I rebooted and then got the Vista desktop and then I found that the driver was recognized but when I reconnected the drive using the Firewire400 port built into the computer then it is searching for “1394 Storage Front Panel Driver” and it is not getting it. Any further help will be appreciated.

As far as I know you don’t require any driver to run any USB or Firewire HD.I think that your firewire is not working well and you should try to install a new a firewire card. I will suggest you to check System - Device Manager - and under IEEE check for 1394 devices and then uninstall the external device and then try to unplug it and then plug it and then it should recognize it. Just check it out and then let me know so I can help you further. I have been using a Vista Business Prof with a OT4+ firewire and it is working well.

What I have found is that people are not getting any problem in the start but then their problem starts when they connect through the firewire and then add "Maxtor 1394 Storage Front Panel" and then their drive is not getting detected. I have found a no of people trying reverting to a restore and doing a repair as well but none of them were able to solve the issue .I will like to inform you all that this problem is actually not due to the driver is missing but it is deep down in a zip file and what all you have to do is download the OneTouch III MaxBackup Vista Software zip file and then open the zip file and then search for the drivers/1394 folder and then extract the folder and then when you get a prompt point the installer to it.

You can download the OneTouch III MaxBackup Vista Software zip file from Here

I have started facing the same problem after I have reinstall XP and after searching for a Solution in no of forum I came around a solution where it said to insert the OneTouch III Installation disk and then after the prompt the xp will install the driver but then after I tried it did not worked for me and form then I have tried following a no of solution by now but I have still not found a perfect solution for it. Is there anyone who have found or he have tried a solution and have got a success as well?

I am having windows 7 and I just wanted to know that is possible in windows 7 I mean has anyone tried this in win 7.I have tried following the above method in win7 by moving the 1394 file to the other specified location but then I am getting the message that the driver could not be found and all. Any further help for this will be appreciated.