Thread: No sound on headset if connected to Xbox 360

No sound on headset if connected to Xbox 360

Hello friends, I'm in college now, and I have my Xbox 360 connected to a 1080P PC monitor via a HDMI cable. I have a headset connected to my Xbox 360 with an optical audio cable. However, when I have my headset connected to the Xbox 360, the sound comes out of the monitor speakers instead of headphones. Is there any way to solve this problem, and if so, what I can do? I'm thinking of getting standard audio adapter, but would have to cut the plastic cover somehow. So please tell me, thank you.

Re: No sound on headset if connected to Xbox 360

I think that it is due to the damn HDMI cable. I do not know much about it and also not so much solution which is any way around it. So you can check on the internet and you will be able to get it.

I am currently using the Xbox 360 Sharkoon X-Tatic SX Gaming Headset Stereo these babies and yes they just plug right into the sound to what it would be fine. Do not worry if you've never heard of Sharkoon, I have no means heard of them either, but man oh man the sound is incredible for the price. I also am using a pc LCD monitor. so you try it what i am using it and also u will to get the sound.

Yes, HDMI cable, but if your monitor has speakers in it (I hate the monitor speakers, so I never buy one with speakers in it, always an unnecessary nuisance), then the monitor must have a headphone jack.

What kind of headphones do you use? I use an Astro A40 system, and when I connect the optical cable and what is actually played through both my headphones and speakers. But generally use optical and VGA. But in reality that has to do with whether you have the settings in-game voice through speakers or headphones to play through.

I have a Tritton AX 720. Although I could have found a solution. I'll have to wait a while to implement it, but I have a good feeling about him, as several sources have told it works.

I think you should try some other headphone and see that are you getting the same problem with them or not. If the other headphones are working then it might be the problem in the headphones, if you are having any friend, then you can check the headphone in their place and also you can check the headphone of theirs with your Xbox 360. If you can try this then you will be able to know the problem which you are getting and also you will be able to solve the problem which you are getting it. So you better try it.

I also think the above user is the best method to check it and also you will be knows the problem which is there, and you should try some other headphones and get it check.

I think you might be able to get some solution on the internet, so you better for the problem on the Google and you might get some of the link which is having the same problem with the same pair of the headphones and also you might get the solution of it over there. So you better search for it and get it done. You might come across the links and also you will be able to solve the problem of yours, so you better search for it.

There are the plenty of the links available which are having the same problem and also have the solution to fix it, so you better search on the Google and get it fix for you.