Thread: BlackArmor NAS 220: System Status LED is blinking Amber.

BlackArmor NAS 220: System Status LED is blinking Amber.

Before few days I have purchased the new BlackArmor NAS 220 Centralized network storage and data backup, and I installed this in the system and also I have installed the Discovery software. But when I am trying to switch on it at that time I found that disk is reving up and the System Status LED is blinking blue. Following that it is blinking Amber. I think that this is caused by the RJ-45 connection is present or not. I checked for that also and there I found that it is there and also working over there. When I tried with the Discovery software, I see that Discovery software does not find the NAS at all. I also tried with the so many other things to enable this thing and there I found that this is still indicating the LED as Amber which means that system is failure. Any help from you people?

Re: BlackArmor NAS 220: System Status LED is blinking Amber.

Since you are telling here that you have recently get this network storage at your home so, can you please tell me that when you have taken this one from the out of the box? I will suggest you here that, when you are taking this one from the out of the box at that time, don’t plug it in the network directly. just boot it, the end result after a few minutes should be a blue power light and solid blue Status light. There should not be an amber or blinking amber LED. And if after doing this all things still you are getting the problem over here than try to get replacement of this one and get the other one which Is working fine.

I will say here that if doesn’t came back to live after some hours of blinking, then there you will need to take help of your warranty. But before this make sure that you installed another OS or did some other some software changes I think the warranty would be broken. And also here if you are thinking to reinstall the firmware then I will say you to open your NAS and get the disk and erase all contents, when it gets inserted again, the default firmware will be installed, there are some tutorial about this here in the forum.

I am sure that I have not install anything. After following your suggestion, I have also wait several hours. After this I think that I read about reinstalling the system but this process data destructive. And also before starting with this I would like to know that how can save my data. It cannot find my NAS 110 due to probably the blinking status please help any other suggestion.

Ok, here I will tell you to open the Device but after doing this, you will lose your warranty but you could just get the Harddrive out and use your Computers Sata Port or a Sata to USB Adapter to first get your data and then clean the drive. And after this check it once again. If after this also this is not working then I will say you to go for the replacement.

Here in my cause, I am also having the new BlackArmor network storage and this was working fine before today. But today when I turn it on, the HDD is ok but the system status blinking blue but not turn to amber? The reset button on the button of the server does nothing? Can i reinstall the black armor system/firmware manually? I did not found any information how to reinstall the system/firmware manually without using the discovery software Something happened to software? Can you please tell me any other way to do this?

Yes, I also tried with this also and there I found that this is also not working in my cause also. In the end of the post you have suggested me that I will try with the replacement. Thanks for that, I was also thinking for the same. But here I am having some problem related with that and the question here is that, is my Black Armor NAS 220 is still in the warranty period? Please reply me back for this. I am asking about this because I think that I have also opened the case so there are chances for losing the warranty of the product. So what you will say in this cause??