Thread: Black screen on dell laptop

Black screen on dell laptop

Let me start this by say that I am not a developer and I don’t know how much concerning the internal workings of PC in all-purpose. That said, I’m rotating to this forum in desperation, as Dell technical maintain has failed me several times. Here is my trouble; I contain a dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. A few months ago I begin to have a difficulty with it - if I moved the laptop I would attend to a soft click and the screen would go black. Even although it appeared to be off, the power light was still green, indicating the PC was on. This behavior is casual and variable when I can move the PC all over the place and it works normal, other times I don't even touch it, or barely touch it, and the screen goes black. So I am getting this problem while when I am using the dell laptop can someone helps me.

Re: Black screen on dell laptop

Well you’re right; it’s defiantly a hardware problem. First off id say screw dell tech support, there only 1 good tech supports someone from them, and he’s on at this time loll. I think its Kal-El, but it’s been a while, maybe ask him. Id checks the monitor cable to the mobo in your lappy. Disconnect that cable and reconnect, and make sure it’s seated correctly.

Your flexible click sounds additional to me like a small spark. There's defiantly amazing shorting out. You've got a lost connection someplace that's being loosened when you move your notebook.If you're only losing video, I would guess the connector on the back of your LCD is loose. Or that you contain broken wires on the LCD itself. This is most likely something very easy. You might be removing the cover from your notebook and look for the loose relation, but this will likely void your warranty.

I just recently had the same trouble and my laptop (e1505) is only a week old, I got it on Thursday and when I turn it on, the screen is entirely black and the only light on is the little power light, not yet the button. I consider maybe I put some kind of lock on it or something, but I’m totally lost on how to do it. But it seems that a bunch of people are having the same problem.

I think I have the same difficulty. My monitor would only turn off occasionally, and now after a few months when I turn on my PC I get the bios screen and the screen turns off, but I can hear the PC still on. I have tried concerning an external monitor and my PC works fine with the monitor. Someone has suggested that it could be that the laptop thinks its is closed when it is actually open, and that is why the screen keeps shutting off. Some sort of latch is stuck. My problem is I am out of warranty and am a student, so I don't know where to get it fixed. Do I send it back to dell or pay an hourly rate at some place like best buy???

The only way that I have found to deal with it is the manual power it down by holding The control push button and restarting - most of this time this mechanism, but I obviously misplace or have to restart in whatever I was working on When I initially spoke to Dell, they did quite a few diagnostics, originate no red flags, and tell me it was a MS Windows trouble, although that physically touching the PC caused the problem to occur. The second time I talk to them, they had me get out all the components of my computer (CD drive, memory, battery) and then put it all back. They supposed it could have been a defective connection. Despite this, a few weeks later the difficulty emerged again.