Thread: Need Firmware update for BlackArmor NAS 400 / 220 / 110 Series

Need Firmware update for BlackArmor NAS 400 / 220 / 110 Series

Hello friends, I am having the Seagate BlackArmor NAS and I was thinking to do the firmware update of it, as I am have three of them; I am having the 400, 220 and also 110 series. So I was thinking to do the firmware update of all of them. I was not able to do and also I was not having the idea how to do it. So can you people give me suggestion that how I can update and also from where I can get the latest firmware for it. I really need to update all of them. So please give me your suggestion to do it. Thank you.

Re: Need Firmware update for BlackArmor NAS 400 / 220 / 110 Series

I think you will be easily getting the update of the firmware which you are searching for, you just need to search for a single one at a single time, and then you will be able to get the update for it. So you better search it.

I was searching for the update for mine Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220 Series and I have got it and download from the internet and have update it, I have the link of the update of the firmware and also I am having the link for all of those which you were searching and wanted to have. So you can just go on to following link and get the updates for Seagate BlackArmor NAS:

BlackArmor NAS 110 Firmware Update

BlackArmor NAS 220 Firmware Update

BlackArmor NAS 400 Series Firmware Update

Well all the above link are the manually download and install, so you have to download them and get it install on your own; I hope you got the updates for you.

The above user has provided you with the correct and also with the proper updates for BlackArmor NAS, and also it has helped me and now I will also try to do the update for mine BlackArmor NAS.

I think you have got the link to download the updates for the BlackArmor NAS and also you will be able to do the updates the firmware of them, if you want the information about the BlackArmor NAS 400 / 220 / 110 then you can go on to the following link and you will be able to get the information about it, I think it will be helpful for you and also you should read it first before installing it and also updating the BlackArmor NAS of yours. The link for the information is:

BlackArmor NAS Firmware Update Page.

This update seems to have fixed the permission problems faced in Snow Leopard on a Mac, so I think this will also solve all your problem and you will be able to use very easily.

Good to see some major problems and complaints that deals with the firmware. It is also nice to see some documentation on the changes that are available for all to read. With that said ... Still do not see anything of the problems with the integration of Active Directory that have been declared or any resolution the device to become the domain master browser in a windows environment and not that which causes problems with the stations Windows client work associated with the same domain as the NAS and the ability of your network environment to display other devices in the network.

Even with this firmware update, there is no way to avoid the BA440 is very slow. File transfers up to 7 MB / s. Some users of the fault of the router (I have an old Linksys BEFSR41), but I say that's irrelevant. Seagate leg just in design and cannot - or more likely not - fix it.

I have a question that has anyone managed to set up Time Machine without the devices show no support on? I tried but NAS has not yet appeared in the time machine with unsupported devices off. Not supported on devices that can connect to the NAS but not create the package parts. I think I should try it and get the update of it and I think that I will be solving it.

Even with this firmware update, there is no way to avoid the BA440 is very slow. File transfers up to 7 MB / s. Some users of the fault of the router (I have an old Linksys BEFSR41), but I say that's irrelevant. Seagate leg just in design and cannot - or more likely not - fix it.
    your BEFSR41 is 100 Mb / second Ethernet. If you are getting 7 Mbytes / second, which is 8 * 7 = 56 Mb /second homeless and more than 70 Mb / second with an overload. You are doing very well, esp. consumer with a quality router.

Gigabyte switches are not cheap. Gigabyte switches, which are the entire you require with the family of the BA today, are not very costly (the latest Gigabit switch, Wireless G along with the Router and also with the switch was about $ 125 a year and a half ago). Just over Gigabyte will not improve the presentation of BA. Gigabit is necessary along the route. Adapter card into the PC, switch / router in the path, and BA (which is gigabit). But you contain a router on the switch, which is not occupied in traffic between BA and the computer. If the cables are comparatively small, Cat5 may be sufficient. I replace the hardware (which you know you need to replace) and see what happens before running new cables.

hi

please i just need to ask and make sure, i have seagate blackarmor 400 with 4 hdd 500gb each raid 5 with 1 hdd not installed, i am having problem accessing it, cose iit is getting suddenly too slow, so if i updated my firware i will have any data loss???

and please anyone have a good and fast idea to backup all the data?

thanks