Thread: Maxtor OneTouch 4 : stopped working

Maxtor OneTouch 4 : stopped working

I was working on a new computer, which is running on the windows 7 and all of the sudden the Maxtor drive was no longer recognizable. I was attack off some files I had on it and now I can't access it at all. It has a rapid blinking light in the front. I've also tried to join it back to the unique computer I took it off of earlier this morning and it won't read it on there either. I exposed it is still under warranty but want to get it fixed and my original backup files back, not just a new machine. Please help me in this cause also.

Re: Maxtor OneTouch 4 : stopped working

Here fist tell me that which specific drive model you are having on which you are having this problem. I am asking this because in the above post you have not mentioned that which drive you are using ?

Ok, so it would not sign me in correctly so I created a new profile so this is swanky as well. Any who, the model I am using is OneTouch4 and my serial number on the bottom of the device is SN [Edited: Removed personal information per the community rules and regulations. if that helps. I am desperate to get this working. I have tried unplugging it, shutting down completely, etc. It will not even detect it as a drive on either computer I have tried it on. I just want to recover my stuff and I will go buy another external drive if necessary.

Sorry for that all. But here I cannot see on the machine that which specific model number I am having. I have also checked for that and while checking that I can see that it is not having model number on the machine.

While giving you the suggestion I will say to try with connecting the another power adapter which is having the same specifications to the drive. Hope that this will help you in your cause. And also while doing this thing I can say that you have to connect with the another USB cable. This is because, if there will be some problem related with the USB cable this you can figure this out at that time. and if after doing this all thinsg still you get the same problem over here then I will suggest you to contact with the data recovery service.

I tried with all the suggestion over here and I found that they all are not working for me. So now I have decided to replace the Maxtor OneTouch 4 and take the other one instead of that. But thanks you all for trying to suggest me.