Thread: Have you all heard of the new GoFlex Satellite?

Have you all heard of the new GoFlex Satellite?

Guys I was just surfing on net sometime ago and I came across a new wireless storage device so that’s why I thought of sharing this news with you all. so basically it is the wireless storage device that allows you to play all the media files in the Smartphone’s, tablets, PCs. It requires a wifi support and also good compatible devices.

Anyways if you all have some more information about the GoFlex Satellite then do let me know about the same that will be much better for me that’s what I am saying here.

Re: Have you all heard of the new GoFlex Satellite?

Yes you would be able to access unlimited number of documents and also the media files that are there stored in it. that to wirelessly. So that’s why limited devices that has the support of wifi in it will be able to work with it that’s what I am saying here. it has got the storage capacity of 500GB. Plus it has more than 5 hours of battery life includes Streaming media over Wi-Fi to 3 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously. That’s what the best part of the new GoFlex Satellite. So this is what I am saying here, do have a good look at the same and hence that’s the necessary information that I have got for you. anything else that you need to know about it then do let me know as soon as possible.

I have a question over here do you all know about the compatibility of the wmv files it seems that it is not supported in it? do you all know if the particular file format is supported in the GoFlex Satellite?

Quote Originally Posted by Katherina View Post
    I have a question over here do you all know about the compatibility of the wmv files it seems that it is not supported in it? do you all know if the particular file format is supported in the GoFlex Satellite?
    See the GoFlex Satellite does not care if that file is of which format, it all depends on the player of the device to see if that file is supported or not. So wmv file will be but obviously be supported in the device it will all depend on the device if the file is supported or not in it that’s what I am saying here.

Well I did have a look at some of the videos in the net about the particular device and to be frank it does looks good to me and I am planning to get one soon. The only thing that has been worrying me a lot Is the price of the device it is too costly and also one thing that has been confusing me a lot is that Goflex people are trying to promote iPad 2 as well saying that it works very well with the iPad 2. I don’t understand if some of the media files like wmv if it does not work with iPad 2 then why are they using the name of the iPad 2 with the GoFlex Satellite, that’s what I am not understanding at all. anyways it seems you all will be having a better knowledge about the same and you would be the right persons in this situation to answer me out.

See if you read the manuals and the features carefully then you can clearly see that these device is fully supported not only with the iPads but also with the Smartphone’s and also with the mac pcs and windows pc. so I would advise you to read all the features first carefully from the golfex official websites and you will get all the information respectively.

Guys I have a particular question for you all it would be better if you all can answer it out for me that would be the best thing, now what I am saying is that if I am opening a video in the browser then it asks for a third party application to play it but I couldn’t see the same thing happening with the goflex app? Why is that so? I think it should give me a option to play in that format but its not giving me can anyone explain me why is that so, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ProBaal View Post
    Guys I have a particular question for you all it would be better if you all can answer it out for me that would be the best thing, now what I am saying is that if I am opening a video in the browser then it asks for a third party application to play it but I couldn’t see the same thing happening with the goflex app? Why is that so? I think it should give me a option to play in that format but its not giving me can anyone explain me why is that so, any ideas?
    Yes you are right Seagate simply FORGOT how to make clear on how can the videos be played in other formats that iPad is not able to read, so what you can do is install a OPlayer in the device and play it in that format accordingly that’s what I am saying here.

So hope you have got the necessary solution for the same, that’s it from my side for you all.

Ok I wasn’t aware of that thanks that you did explain me about the same, I am very much happy with the response that you all have given here. I would be installing the OPlayer now and see to it that it does work in my iPad. Anyways thanks a ton.