Thread: HTPC or Media Player for Home Entertainment Setup

HTPC or Media Player for Home Entertainment Setup

I am posting this over here to have some comment on this from other people especially from the people who are having personal experience with this. If you can tell me that which (HTPC or Media Player) will be good for the Home Entertainment Setup then I will b really glad for this.

Re: HTPC or Media Player for Home Entertainment Setup

If this would be case for me then I would have selected HTPC for me. Anyway, you can select whatever you feel good for you.

The HTPC has the advantages in my opinion after that he is universally usable. I can use a media player while watching all the formats, but not surfing, etc. That would be much more comfortable with the HTPC. However, one would have to take a long boot times into account when he is always off, or higher energy costs if it runs. Furthermore, the added possibility to incorporate a Blu-Ray player, thus saves another player or even where the purchase price to save ordenltich itself. I could use the HTPC as a wonderful iTunes server and also outsource other files on it.

If you do not need TV reception, I advise you to XMBC is still faster than Media player and in conjunction with Ember simply unbeatable. I had until recently in use media portal, is also very good but I switched to XMBC, because the TV from Media Portal Server makes some trouble and 1080i on my hardware was not correct. For this, I now use the DVB Viewer and XMBC for the videos.

In Vista and Win7 is the native Windows Media Center already built and I do not find the bad. For the basic functions well enough and you can do it yourself a little bit nice. Decide whether XBMC or Media Portal has probably every man for himself. Both are free, so there is no reason to try both.

HTPC is short for Home Theater Personal Computers and is currently the most common term for a PC which is mainly used for media playback on a TV or projector. It is often spoken equivalent by a living room, or Media Center PC. The main differences between the hardware of a HTPC to a "normal" PCs are mostly focusing on a low energy / volume in a desktop enclosure with remote control and the orientation to an excellent image and sound output, now mostly 1080p/Full HD over HDMI and PCM / Bitstream/7.1 output of the tone. On the software side, there are endless variations, with most versions of either Windows Media Center functionality, customized versions of Linux or Windows systems are used with a separate Media Center interface, (eg Media Portal). Both through its software and hardware side flexible design can take on a HTPC.

I do not know how easy it can be integrated into LiveTV now XBMC. And Blu Rays are also not a standard feature. For this you would need anyway probably PowerDVD or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre. That would be to consider with regard to cost.

I still know the start times of the HTPC's. There was little software and therefore did that come about with the whole setting. When I think back, I had massive install codecs for HD material. Today I install only XMBC and it's all with it. HD material will play fine. Even VLC has now play correct codes for this judder. It has not installed a codec pack.

I use the HTPC for a long time in the signal into my house. Absolutely no problems, alongside the grave data (thanks to corresponding mounting disk as "silent") and plays absolutely everything I throw him off without any problems.

Why to select HTPC, just because of the craft solution? Media center pack in the car boot, buy remote control and install software and is good to go.