Thread: Computer shuts down if i tilt, bump

Computer shuts down if i tilt, bump

I'm stuck, here recently my computer keeps shutting off usually. If i bump my case or tilt it back / forth randomly, then it happens. I've determined it is movement/vibration/bumping that causes the shut-down, and not heat or malware. I just wanted to know if I’ve come to the correct conclusion, how i can find the short or problem. Thanks for any reply related to this issue.

Re: Computer shuts down if i tilt, bump

It can be possible that there is there is a loose connection present on somewhere of this desktop system. In that case, you need to reseat all DIMMs and other socket hardware devices mostly the RAM and the expansion card. If you arrives something hardware that is not connected properly onto this desktop system, then you need to reconnect this device in proper way. This is necessary to fix the actual problem onto it.

It could be also possible that the problem is related to the hard drive of the system. In that case, you need to take out desktop PC hard drive. After detaching it to the system you need to reinstall it to confirm connection between this device and the system motherboard. Then this type of problem might be solved onto it.

That sounds like it may be a PSU issue. What are your computer specs and power supply make and wattage? Can you clear all the specification of this system. Without any specification I can’t help you in brief manner. This is necessary because we need some general specification information about this system.

Ok, I will tell you that I use DELL 8200 Dimension desktop system and the other basic configurations of this system are as follows:
    • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 microprocessor 2.40 GHz
    • RAM: 512-MB non-ECC SDRAM

Then please help me to fix this issue. I am waiting your reply.

As per the configuration you mentioned here you need to check the connectivity within the system RAM and the motherboard. If there is something connection broken with this hardware, then you need to reestablished this connection. It helps to fix this issue. You can also try to upgrade existing BIOS of the system. This will be work to fix the problem and detect the system hardware onto it.

I suggest to you for use another power cord, check outlet. This is necessary when the loose connection type of problem arrives onto the system. Then try to do this task and see what happen onto it.

If you running video card cpu m/board ram power supply brand model wattage check the configuration and its compatibility with the system. Also you need to check the connection of this video card. In such case, we need to do this connection in proper way. Also we need to install an driver of this hardware. It fixes your installation type of problem. for more information you can contact the official site expert person.