Thread: Invisible paper jam in HP Laserjet 5L printer

Invisible paper jam in HP Laserjet 5L printer

Currently I am using the HP 5L extra Laserjet at my home that has done me fine for more than a few years. Now it developed a paper jam. I have released the weight roller, detached the toner cart as well as pulled lying paper that was half system in. it tore and now I cannot take it out. However the paper jam indicator tells "jam" plus won't work. I tried to force an additional paper into except that doesn't work. How can I take it out?

Re: Invisible paper jam in HP Laserjet 5L printer

Scraps of paper, of course, is bad, since it has unfortunately worked carelessly, the jam, it is always very slow to pull out the paper. My guess is that the paper has now been hanging below the fuser, which is the LaserJet 5L/6L identical models and a "popular" place for it. It does not help, unfortunately, nothing, because the unit must be disassembled.

In fact these small rollers wear out over time so they become smooth and suddenly LEAD bad paper, most of the time this results in a paper jam. It can also lead to the taking of multiple sheets at a time but it depends on the printer, on some they are provided with a piece called "separation pad" whose function is to prevent this.... On the 5L it seems to me that there is not (I'm not 100% sure) so the pb would many feed roller.

It was happened to me also. After a variable time of use the printer makes a strange noise and then displays the error message 'Paper Jam'. This warning comes, in general, put a sheet gets stuck in the mechanism, just pull gently on it to extract it and put the machine on the way. Only in this case: no paper is stuck anywhere. A quick examination of the machine reveals a small piece of black plastic broken to ride under the hood. It belongs to a component mounted on the right of the spring cartridge carrier. And without it, the printer no longer works.

In this case Amber = "Paper Jam" You do not remove the entire sheet. So to check. To switch off the oven so as not to tear the jammed paper and facilitate its release (manually) you have a green lever (lower left cover open)

Well, the HP-things there need any additional packages in CUPS, not so important. With the sensors that have to do as I know nothing. It's not like that the only jam signals, there are really one. The mechanics of the devices is in times like ass, but only repair kit costs like to have a few coffees.

Small pieces of paper can be found with the flashlight. If theToner unit was taken out, you can be up to the fixing See (heating) and when the rear door is open, you see the exit of the fuser. If this happens frequently, the hot rollers to be replaced. Before that, I pushed myself in this series and each a free workshop with the repair charge. Even if that is not important to a printer. I remember that I thought was relatively quite handy dimensions when buying for an argument. Also, that you can close the paper tray door by I found of advantage. The most important thing to me was, however, is that the paper moved horizontally.

Maybe I just have to carefully remove the rest of the paper that was stuck inside the printer. To do this, unplug the power line and tries to open the front cover, so there you can remove the toner cartridge. After removing the toner according to how the role has been stuck inside the printer, gently tried to pull him in a way to remove it. It is very likely to pull hard put to notes on paper, due to the pressure of the various rollers where it has been locked.
    If you see the paper as you can break traction, I recommend that you check the service manual how to proceed to disarm the fuser rollers and other related pieces out of paper so that will facilitate removal respectively. Make sure you leave no scraps of paper in any part that has fallen into the lock.

The problem is logical that in the paper separator kit there are many issues in the kit you would recommend to change everything, there is a sticky tongue, also the roller bite, but the fault dive be in the spring pressure to empire lost, change it that part.