Thread: Unable to burn and read DVD's in TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner

Unable to burn and read DVD's in TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner

Hi friends I am using HP Pavilion a1630n computer in which I have TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner and I have windows XP operating system installed in my system. now the problem is whenever I insert DVD in my drive at that time it does not recognize it and the light on the drive keep flashing and do nothing. what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to burn and read DVD's in TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your computer and I would like to tell you that first you should check whether you are facing this problem with any particular DVD or same problem is coming with all the type of DVD’s. try to use the DVD if different brands and then see whether it makes any difference or not. you have to also try the re-writable DVDs to just identify the problems.

Re: Unable to burn and read DVD's in TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner

If you have tried all the types of DVD s with your computer and after that also if you are facing the same problem then you have to first open the cabinet of your computer and then you have to disconnect the cable which connects with the DVD ROM and after disconnecting the cable you have to also connect the second cable. Now after that you have to connect the both the cable with your TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner and afetr connecting both the cable with your TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner you have to start the computer again and after that you have to insert the DVD in your DVD ROM again and then you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

You should also try to solve this problem by running the l lens cleaner disc in your computer. Many times by running he lens cleaner disc also this type of problems can get solved.

If you are still facing the same problem after connecting the DVD Rom properly then you should try to solve this problem doing the firmware update. Download the firmware update file from the internet and after that you have to do the firmware update and then see whether it makes any difference or not.

if you want to download the firmware update file for your TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner then you have to click on the DOWNLOAD button and after that you have to double click on the installer file and then update the firmware. Now after updating the firmware you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

By disconnecting the cables of the drive and connecting it back with my DVD ROM doesn’t make any difference. Now after that I have also tried the lens cleaner with no luck.

I have also downloaded the firmware update from your given download link and after that I have update the firmware. now after updating the firmware my computer has stopped showing the DVD ROM in my computer. When I start my system and open my computer at that time I cannot see the DVD ROM drive. I don’t k know what went wrong. What should I do to fix this?

I was also experiencing the same issue after updating the firmware of my DVD ROM and after that I have tried to search the solution on internet and then I came to know that DVD ROM was disabled from the BIOS after updating the firmware and that is why I have enabled it from the BIOS and then it appeared in my computer again. You should also first open the BIOS setting and check whether it is enabled there or not. if it is not enabled then enable it first and after enabling the DVD ROM you have to check whether problem get solved or not.

I hope this solution will help you to fix the problem.

I think you should check the registry in your computer because sometime due to registry files issue also this type of problem can take place and that is why you have to check the registry setting regarding the DVD ROM you have to delete the lowerfilter and UpperFilters from there and then problem will get solved.

If you don’t know how to check the registry setting regarding the DVD ROM in your computer then you have to follow this procedure.
    • First you have to open the type the regedit in the run.
    • After that registry editor window will appear.
    • Now after that you have to select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    • Now after that you have to click on the SYSTEM
    • After selecting the SYSTEM you have to click on the CurrentControlSet
    • Then you have to select the Control and then select the Class option.
    • Now locate the this 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
    • After that you have to check whether LowerFilters or UpperFilters is there or not. if it is there then you have to delete it.

After that restart the computer and then problem will get solved.

If you don’t want to change the registry manually then you should also try the registry mechanic or register cleaner in your computer. you can easily find those tools from the internet and after that install it In your system and then check whether your problem will get solved or not.

when I have open the registry editor and followed your steps at that time Lower filter was there and after that I have deleted it and then reboot the computer. Now after that when I open my computer at that time DVD ROM drive was there. Thanks for the solution.