Thread: How to rename the bios file when bios recovery of HP Pavilion DV5-1201EL with WIN+B

How to rename the bios file when bios recovery of HP Pavilion DV5-1201EL with WIN+B

I apply the HP web-based update for updating the bios on HP Pavilion ZE-5155 from KD.M1.60 to the recommended KE.M1.45 version. In this bios recovery process, there is step that necessary to rename the bios file. I won’t able to do this task. Can anybody help me to do this task? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to rename the bios file when bios recovery of HP Pavilion DV5-1201EL with WIN+B

You need to Download and install the Hex Editor. After installing this editor you need to open the bios file onto this editor. This editor gives you the option that works to do the renameing task in easiest way. Try this editor and locate the result after that.

Re: How to rename the bios file when bios recovery of HP Pavilion DV5-1201EL with WIN+B

I also face the similar problem. Then I opened 30F2F38.FD with Hex Editor but I was not able to find an understandable filename in it. hence I decided to use an manual of this editor. I use the troubleshooting and other information mentioned on this editor. This information help me to fix this issue. I think you can also need to use this manual of the editor. It helps to fix your problem.

If this BIOS doesn't become corrupt, then there is a nearly 99% possibility there is another crisis on the motherboard. In that case, we need to find this crisis and in response this will be work to fix the issue present on it.

I know the problem. This happen when the system RAM not work in well manner. In that case, I recommended to you that use an RAM reinstallation process on this HP Pavilion DV5-1201EL system. This will be work to fix your complicated problem. try this and see the result of this system after doing this process. I am sure that it helps to fix your trouble.

If the problem is related to the RAM, then you need to use an alternative RAM on this motherboard of your system. The alternative RAM that works well on this motherboard is might be providing the facility to rename this bios file name. Then you can able to do the update task.

You need to try combinations of fn+B, windows+B, with & with out the boot-block jumper at power-on. This is the combinations that works to fix your bios file rename problem.

Before doing any think you need to first collect some information about this bios. Try to find out that What is the bios type - ie AWARD, AMI etc? if you know about this information I am user that this information help to you for fixing your problem. you can view this information in the downloaded bios version file link. Use this link and collect all the necessary information.

AMI has an embedded recovery technique in the 'boot block' of the BIOS. If the bios are an AMI then use the technique mentioned on the official site of this AMI. After following the instructions for upgrading this BIOS, you can found the best result.

If the BIOS version file present on the disk is not need bootable flash utility. It will already contact the disk from 2-5 minutes the system will beep four times. If this happen then reboot the system and starts the processing. This is the proper process that works to fix your problem. Try this process.

If this all the solution not works then try to change link that you use for downloading this file. This will be work to fix your problem. You can also take the help of the expert regarding this issue. The expert person has knowledge about it. Then try this and see what happen onto it. This is the way that works to fix the bios update problem. For more information contact the official site expert.