Thread: Seagate GoFlex Desk Spins randomly even though not in use

Seagate GoFlex Desk Spins randomly even though not in use

Currently I am using the 2TB Seagate GoFlex Desk HDD with Firewire 800 dock on top of Mac OS X 10.7.1, but I am getting few issues. The HDD spin down following a minute of idleness, which is well except later a minute or so it indiscriminately spins back up although it isn't being utilized. This irritating for the reason that it essentially sits there spinning up as well as. If I unplug the cable, it doesn't spin up, except if it has spun up following being ejected at the same time as plugged in, occasionally the just way to end I, I need to cut the power which seems to me not good while it is still spinning. I am using the Mac. If I use the USB 3.0 base instead, the drive doesn't appear to spin down in any way but ejected, and afterward while I unplug the USB cable from my PC appears to spin up immediately unplugged.

Re: Seagate GoFlex Desk Spins randomly even though not in use

That sounds good. I myself once more clever then read about items such as "spin up / spin down" and "AAM / APM". According HDDScan the disk problem has no APM. Accordingly, no adjustments to be made. New firmware is not to get too. I cannot remember now exactly where I read that, at heist I think the new USB 3 power options do not work properly. I can still remember that somehow it would turn off. How can I tell you, unfortunately not here, I will be smart to do it again.

The two firmware updates are pointless, came out in the first few months and have brought nothing. I sold my one month ago, they had in my MacBook Pro, you could not work with it. Every 10 minutes and then spin down for 10-15 seconds of beach ball that does not work. In addition, the vibrate quite bad, was just a total disappointment, even if the part was really good with the SSD ... Am now back at Western Digital, because there is not something.

I solved the problem! The hard drive comes with pre-installed software, which I of course by the formatting was deleted. This "Seagate Manger" program can also be downloaded at seagate official site and normally installed on the PC. There is then set options for automatic backups, synchronization, LED control, software upgrade, or just the point I am looking for "power settings".

The problem of the Mac Pro is that it manages the rest of each disk separately but does so all at once. It means that when you wake up one disk, so do the rest ... and is just what you do not want to do. The system if you can, however, send the hard drives to sleep while they are running via a checkbox available through the Energy Saver control panel ... but to mark only one box and the system specifically to manage the time it takes to send those records to rest.

You have to try the Seagate Drive Settings software in order to to regulate the sleep timer settings. This app intended for MacOS is integrated on the GoFlex series of drives. Just double click it in order to install the software. This package contain Diagnostic tool meant for testing the drive, drivers to put out of action the integrated sleep timer lying on the drive, in addition to drivers to allow the capacity gauge in support of GoFlex Desk models. It has currently been updated to hold up 64-bit as well as 32-bit version of MacOS,

If the trouble arrives onto your system while the drive is unplugged, then i am sure that it's not a drive problem. In that case, you need to contact the manufacturer of this drive. The expert person work on this drive and then you can get this drive in correct format.