Thread: Goflex desk 2 tb not getting recognized after tumbling over

Goflex desk 2 tb not getting recognized after tumbling over

The problem i am facing with my seagate goflex desk is that after i have tipped over it is not working properly.I have noticed that it is beeping a lot and is not even getting recognized some times,i have already tried to trouble shoot it but it did not helped and i have also noticed that the beep is coming instantly when it gets connected and i am accessing it.Some time they turn on all the time ans some times the just go off i dont know what is the main problem.So i just wanted to know if anyone have faced the same problem and have a solution for it and can it be because of the docking module or the casing?Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Goflex desk 2 tb not getting recognized after tumbling over

Your problem sounds to be weird i have came across many same kind of problem but i have not yet came across a problem like you.You can better try formatting the hard disk if you dont have important data in it and formatting it and trying it again is the only thing i can suggest you to do.You can also try to format the existing partition or you can you can format and create a new partition as well but if all of these does not work for you than i think that there might be some kind of hardware problem with your hard disk and you may have to get it replaced but before that just check it out and let me know if it works for you or not.I think it should work if there is no kind of hardware problem.Best of luck.

Even i have the same kind of problem but not exactly the same the problem with my seagate goflex desk is that it gets recognized in the mac OS but not in my computer and i will like to inform you that i have got this from one of my friend who has been using mac as his OS.So i just wanted to know if there are some possibilities that there might be some kind of incompatibility problem with the os or i just have to change some kind of settings to use it.I dont my information in it so i dont mind losing the data as well.Is there a solution to solve it out or should i return the hard disk to him and get a new one.

I have found a no of people having this problem and yes there are some setting to change if you are sure that the problem is that the hard disk is working well with the mac and not with the other computer.What all you have to do is you just have to connect it again to a mac and after it gets detected you just have to reformat it on the mac and you have to split it in a way so that it can be accessed by mac as well as the other computer and once you do it your hard disk will be recognized by the mac as well as by the other computers.This solution has found to be the most easiest if them all and i have personally tried it as well so i am very sure that it do works in the case you have said.

I will suggest you to format and create a new partition in order to avoid any further problem.In order to this you have to go to the start and then click on the control panel>system and security>Administrative Tools> and then double click on the Computer Management.After that on the left side you will see some options and then under the Storage just click on the disk management and then when you see the allocated drive in the bar and if you have a unallocated drive then you have to right click on it and then New Simple Volume but if you dont have it then you can select a drive having enough space and then right click on it and then shrink it and click on OK and then you will find a unallocated drive and now you can use this drive without any problem.

If you think that you external hard drive might have got corrupted then what you can do is just try out some data recovery software in order to at least get the information you have in it only if they are important to you.There are a no of data recovery software which can be used to recover the data from the formatted drive as well as the corrupted drives but you might not get all the data there might be some data that might have been damaged or has turned unreadable and so but you can get 80 percent of the data for sure.So if you want you can give it a try.Best of luck.