Thread: Some Question about the GoFlex Dock

Some Question about the GoFlex Dock

I am having a FreeAgent GoFlex Portable 1.5TB drive and i have found that there are some GoFlex Dock and i have came to know about it from the Seagate website but i have also found that they dont have the network sharing dock and they just have a regular plug-in dock.So i just wanted to get answer form you all for some of my question like is these docks worth and where can i get these docks.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Some Question about the GoFlex Dock

As far as i know there are some docks but then they are just sold with the GoFlex Pro drive and yesy they are worth getting as if you get any one for your drive or respectively for your drive then you can fit it very well with your regular GoFlex portable drives but i will also like to inform you that you wont get these dock from any other place because they are not sold separately and if you really find a need to get it then you can visit the place from where you have got the doc and then replace it with for a GoFlex Pro which will be having a dock.Hope that helps.

Yes there are docks and they are worth as well but i will also like to inform you that you can get a GoFlex Pro but then i have found that their their capacity offerings are just anemic.I mean it is only up to 750GB which might be just half of your drive.So i will suggest you to get a GoFlex Pro off eBay where you can get it for approximately $55 and this can be a better option as well.It is really a good drive so get it if you really need it.

It is very interesting to know that i can exchange my drive as well but i am having some more question related to the Net Media Sharing Device.I just wanted to know that if the drive have a limit before the are connected and shared with the network or we can just have the full bandwidth of the drive shared with the network because i am really looking for having the ability or say the rights to transfer the files from the ultra portable drives through that dock very quickly without being forced for any kind of limitation of USB 2.0 and this is the main reason that i am willing to get a network attached storage device and i also wanted to know the date when it is releasing and is there a 1 TB version or not.Any help will be appreciated.

Yes the GoFlex drives do have a swappable interchangeable cabling modules and i will also like to give you a good news that there is a new 1 TB version which is very well available now and it will also fit into the GoFlex Net top SATA ports as well but then the bad thing about the swapping is that when you will swap out drives then you will be will void your warranty.I have also heard that you can renew the warranty by paying a bit more but i am not that sure about it because i have not yet came across of official announcement for it.So you can just check it out in the market place if they really do so or not.

I will like to inform the people who have are willing to use the GoFlex Home that you will have to erase your drive before you use it with the GoFlex Home as i have heard that the GoFlex Home will take further care of it so do not forget to keep a backup of your important data before using the drive with the GoFlex Home.I think that once after getting the GoFlex Desk no one will want to get some other external drive.