Thread: Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD is now appeared as Initio Combo Device Class - Default Controller Device

Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD is now appeared as Initio Combo Device Class - Default Controller Device

The Seagate FreeAgent Go-PN: 9KW2AL-500 1TB drive I have been utilizing for several months (with no issues) it has now showed up as late equipment-Initio Combo Device Class-Initio Default Controller. Likewise I have turned off gadget to recovery capacity on USB root center points, uninstalled all Universal Serial Bus Controllers, uninstalled all formerly fixed USB devices, and altered links, adapted USB ports all to not good to go. I have even System Restored PC to past dates before issue rolled out. I have 4 alternate 500GB Seagate outside drives which all perform honorably. I grasp these are single parcel and the 1TB when acquired has a part partition this would have something to do with situation.

Re: Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD is now appeared as Initio Combo Device Class - Default Controller Device

The Initio apparatus is the USB-SATA Bridge IC on the small bridge board within the fenced in region. Windows is locating the extension as opposed to the hard head behind it. If its all the same to you voiding your warranty, you would be able to evacuate the head from the FreeAgent fenced in region and institute it in a third gathering USB SATA walled in region. You might would give anything to inquire Tech Support if they will carry on to honour your warranty when doing this.

NevaHymavath Guest

Re: Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD is now appeared as Initio Combo Device Class - Default Controller Device

Same with me-No information might be moved as no drive letters show up for the device in any of the emulating-Windows Explorer, SeaTools for Windows, Seagate Disc Wizard, Seagate Manager, Disc Manager, Disc Partition you name it I've attempted it. Primarily the device is not distinguished as a hard drive-the lights role, it shows up in mechanism boss as Initio Combo Device Class-Default Controller Device when connected.

The device mechanically turns on and off following 5 minutes. When the device/driver are uninstalled then afterward uprooted then afterward connected to again brand new equipment is distinguished and is commissioned as Initio Combo Device Class-Default Controller Device. I have even attempted selecting different drivers manually useless.

Since it doesn't chip away at an additional computer, I'd express you've attempted most drastically all things you are able to, and in the event that its out of warranty, assuming that I were you, I'd precisely split the case and attempt it as an internal drive.

Data recovery companies consistently charge for services. Yet, there are unlimited information recovery product fixes over there on the Internet. You know how it is-google knows all. You may do pursuits in those lines, and even here on this discussion.

My USB transportable 500 GB, just picks the Initio Combo Device Class upon 80% of association to the USB port, alternate than that no drive recognition what so ever.

I had the precise same situation with my FA Desk 1.5TB. After hours of disappointment and troubleshooting, I found that it was the situation of the hard drives itself not the extensions load up. At last, I got it once more down and running again!