Thread: Unable to detect FreeAgent Desk 1.5TB and blinking LED

Unable to detect FreeAgent Desk 1.5TB and blinking LED

It was working fine until, one day, I was utilizing it then afterward it vanished and is not perceptible in any manner. The LED is blinking, and the drive twists when I connect capacity to. I have attempted all arrangements of connecting the links to and powering off, none work. I have utilized each troubleshooting workflow and it suggests an electronic slip and to see assuming that I have a warranty. The drive tries not to demonstrate on Device Manager. It tries not to appear in the Disk administrator. It makes a point not to work in an additional computer. I might purchase a late link, but its under a year old.

Re: Unable to detect FreeAgent Desk 1.5TB and blinking LED

If the drive inside the enclosure is a 7200.11, then it might be demonstrating symptoms of the BSY firmware bug. In any case, if your information are more valuable than your warranty, then you will should evacuate the head from the fenced in region and device it straight to your motherboard. You would like to request from Seagate Tech Support their OK before you do, however.

This disk might as well work without any problem for quite some time, I hold the same situation, suddenly yesterday this gear isn’t being distinguished by my pc, I don’t feel that this is a situation with the transformer but the just thing I catch when I associated to the transformer is a small din, it appears to be similar to an auto beginning. I send my case to Seagate back and I didn’t get responses.

The noise that you are hearing might be a seized spindle engine bearing. Swapping the engine is a major work. In the event that, OTOH, the inadequacy to rotate up is because of stiction, then a small percussive support could remove the stuck heads just enough for the engine to conquer the bond.

In addition I have this situation and it appears no one can fix this problem. I possess a Seagate FreeAgent 500GB outside hard drive
    • Orange light PULSATES ordinarily
    • Different computers don’t distinguish it either
    • I can’t spot it in my computer maintain at whatever place. Since any individual would be able to indicate us to the fix that could quite serve a useful purpose.

I dropped my 1.5TB FreeAgent Desk (less than 1 foot on floor covering) and it started beeping and squinting. Both the beeping and blinking stopped when a while and the drive is located in Device Manager as well as in the "Safely Remove Hardware" dominion. Thus, I cannot pull it like a champ under "Computer". Thusly I cannot access any of the photographs that are on it.

I for the most part finalize laptops, but would be able to connect it to a desktop depending on if I need to. I could need to stack the photographs onto an additional outer head in either case following there could not be enough space on either the laptop or the desktop.

I ran the utility and here is what it reads:
    Code:
               ---===>Device Information<===---
    English product name: "USB3.0Cable"

ConnectionStatus:                 
    Current Config Value:              0x01  -> Device Bus Speed: High
    Device Address:                    0x03
    Open Pipes:                           2

===>Endpoint Descriptor<===
    bLength:                           0x07
    bDescriptorType:                   0x05
    bEndpointAddress:                  0x81  -> Direction: IN - EndpointID: 1
    bmAttributes:                      0x02  -> Bulk Transfer Type
    wMaxPacketSize:                  0x0200 = 0x200 max bytes
    bInterval:                         0x00

I don't have any idea what this indicates, but I have ran every last trace of Seagate's troubleshooters and several ones from 3rd party roots, but useless. The hard drive was working fantastic and just stopped a few days back while I was utilizing it. My concern is in the process of getting my information recuperated as I was utilizing this as my backup.