Thread: Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb does not turn on automatically with computer

Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb does not turn on automatically with computer

Hi guys I have Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb external hard drive which I am using it with my computer in which I have installed windows 7 operating system. now first whenever I was start the computer at that time my Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive also gets turn on along with my PC but now it is not doing the same . What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb does not turn on automatically with computer

Sometimes this problem occurs because if the sleep setting in your computer. you have to open the sleep setting in your computer and afetr that you have set it to never and after that che4ck whether it makes any difference or not.

Re: Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb does not turn on automatically with computer

if you have checked set the sleep setting in your computer to never and after that also if you are facing the same issue with your Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive then I will suggest you to connect your Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive with different USB port in your computer and after that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. If it is USB port problem then it will get solved by connecting your Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive with different USB ports. Now after changing their USB ports also if you are still having the same issue then you have to connect your Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive with other computer and then you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you get the same problem with other machine then it means problem is with your Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive and you need to contact the Seagate support.

I was also having the same problem and then I have bought new USB 3.0 PCI card and then I have connected my Seagate freeagent goflex desk 2tb hard drive with that and after that it has started working properly. I think you should also try this solution.