Thread: If all 10 SATA ports filled then FREENAS 8 reboots continuously .

If all 10 SATA ports filled then FREENAS 8 reboots continuously .

I have a computer and my computer configuration is :ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.

1. The trouble is found when I loaded FreeNAS which is boot up successfully and log in through web interface.
    2. but then I found that the whole thing had worked well when only 9 HDDs were linked at first. I detached one of the drives, and it worked . and FreeNAS booted again.
    3. So, I have pointed the problem down to FreeNAS continually rebooting only when I have all 10 SATA ports full. Does anybody have any solution about what may be happening, and exact steps to fix this problem? Thank you.

re: If all 10 SATA ports filled then FREENAS 8 reboots continuously .

I think this is a problem I have. Please check the following step as a solution.
    1. In your computer BIOS please change your system boot device setting.
    2. Then just take away the Intel NIC which is network interface card.
    3. Then installing a FreeNAS on a USB stick and boot from that
    4. Then on the CF card reinstalling the FreeNAS and and attempt once more. I think its works.

According to your computer problem, your computer machine wants 322 watts of power to run all the way you have it planned. That doesnt consist of some media drive like DVD drive or some cooling fans, and supposed that the SMPS is functioning correctly and is truly producing the sum of power that it is rated for. It sounds like the PSU DEVICE has just sufficient power to control 9 drives, but 10 puts it over the top so it's not capable to spin all up appropriately during the boot procedure.

if You said it's the similar drive each time that doesn't get acknowledged. That makes it less possible to be a power problem, although it's still a chances . Have you tried booting the system with that exact drive connect to a dissimilar SATA port and a dissimilar drive in the "issues" port , just to make certain it's not a issues with the port itself? one more way to check it would be to boot up with only one drive linked to that one port and no additional drives connect at all to see if it is acknowledged.

If you till having this problem then please done some more troubleshooting
    I did notice one symptom that might be useful. When you have all 10 drives linked there are two things which is useful for making the system boot:
    1. Unplugged one of the SATA cables that's associated straight to the motherboard note that leaving 9 drives linked - 5 to the motherboard, 2 to every of the 2 Rocket 620 HBAs).
    2. Unplugged both drives associated to either of the 2 Rocket 620 HBAs (leaving 8 drives linked - 6 to the motherboard, 2 to one Rocket 620 HBA, and 0 to the extra Rocket 620 HBA).

Re: If all 10 SATA ports filled then FREENAS 8 reboots continuously .

If you aren’t have a freenas problem then try another operating system like linux , ubuntu 10, open filers.