Thread: Corsair AX1200W Fan making loud noise

Corsair AX1200W Fan making loud noise

I have an AX1200 supply just under half a year, and is a great power supply. However; have a trouble with it being stronger than I would.Maybe I'm too sensitive, large power supplies are naturally more difficult to make as silent as the little ones - is that I cooled my PC recently, and the power supply is now the strongest parts of my system. I had not expected that. Becoming part of the noise was trying to get rid of what seemed like GPU or CPU cooler was in fact my power supply and the vibration of your cause.

It's definitely the fan noise that is the question - if he is persuaded to stop the noise is nonexistent. It's not precisely loud, nevertheless it is calm. A lot of noise due to vibration. I have had to make use of additional insulation between the box and the floor, despite the rubber feet on the case. I've also added the foam wadding between the case and power supply to decrease vibrations, it is still too loud for my taste, unfortunately. I hope it's not silent, but he manages to annoy a distance of 4 feet so it's a closed case and consists of three layers of plastic sandwiched steel.

Corsair HX620 I had one before this one, and was very, very happy with it, and the noise was never a problem with it, so much noise did not give a thought to this purchase - Perhaps this is just an unfortunate side effect buy me a higher power and not a defect?

Re: Corsair AX1200W Fan making loud noise

I am also facing exactly similar trouble. It is running hot, causing the fan to spin - the burden is very low in the unit. When I put my hand on the exhaust pipe is pushing the air feels cold, and much of it taking into account that there is little air movement should be necessary to keep the unit cool down under this load.

Is this a faulty power supply? Perhaps the fan speed is not regulated properly? Or simply a need a new PSU? Any advice on what to do to reduce noise, so you may love, like my old power supply?

This suggests that there may be the fan or power supply, but it is difficult to measure the sound level by ear. Have you tried to take power from the box to try it without it connected to the case or the system. Do you still hear the noise of the fan itself. And the speed of the fan speed based on load and temperature inside the PSU and are usually quiet but at 60-80% load the fan will be at or near 100% RPM / high noise level. As can be noisy due to high to put a bit of noise from what is expected, but less power that cannot annoy someone else and vice versa.

So I guess at this point is up to you if you attempt to replace the power supply I have no trouble with that, please use the link on corsair website and request an RMA number and we know how to replace it.

Have you tried any of the suggestions made in the case of OP?

But AX1200 will produce about 30 dB of noise equal to or greater than 900 watts for operating the charging system.

I've tried everything. Right now I'm uploading videos with power supply computer case, outdoors, without charge, etc. So you can judge if it is faulty fan or a PWM controller. Whatever the answer will be my AX1200 is filled back to the box: (It was just too strong for me.

If you have already prepared to send it back, I see the point, but whatever you like to do.

The point is that I do not really know what to think about this product. Some people say it's almost inaudible, some say it is strong. I just want to know if my perception of the unity of peace is different from the perception of Corsair quiet operation. RMA will most likely not be possible to implement due to the country where I live. I have traveled 440 km in one direction to achieve this unit, so I just want tobe sure if the drive is bad lemon before trying to exchange or return it. Reimbursement is almost useless in my case as the cost of returning to the shop almost reach the unit value.

As for RMA which was 3 days from the RMA was notified that is conventional and will contact the RMA orders. So far no in order arrived. I e-mailed a further 24 hours - no response.

I do not know why, but the RMA was not through it has been a couple of hours; I have sent a note to customer service to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by JErastus View Post
    I do not know why, but the RMA was not through it has been a couple of hours; I have sent a note to customer service to see this.
    No fortune so far - that something is incorrect with RMA.I will attempt my fortune with the retailer - will drive almost 900 kilometers per PSU.

Got the replacement of the retailer. This unit is even worse with the ball high pitched sound bearing fan. When you stop bearing fan noise / high pitched noise / away

I have the RMA number for first unit a day after I got the replacement of the retailer. I can use that with the RMA replacement unit defective