Thread: Corsair TX650V2 cable failure

Corsair TX650V2 cable failure

I am replacing an old power supply (noisy). The motherboard is an Asus P4P 800 Version 2. It uses a power connector 20 and a 4-pin connector of the CPU. Of course that was removed from the 4-pin 24-pin connector, and separate from the CPU pin 8-4.

Stripped the system on a memory stick, video card simple. Connected only 20-pin and 4-pin PSU. I have the LED board, press the power button, all the fans, etc, come on, but then do not. I put the old power forward again with only 20-pin and 4 pin connector and mail well. rear and forth, the identical performance.

It behaves as if the 4 pin CPU is bad? Both connectors snap into place and remove the post unless you activate the release. Suggestions? I know it can only be connected in the correct position of 4 pins, as they have correctly.

Re: Corsair TX650V2 cable failure

Check to perceive what is for ATX MB. My conjecture is that the MB is going to make use of a higher requirement than the TX650 is rated.
    Conforms to the latest ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 standards, and is backward compatible with the ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 standards
    I'm going to say your MB is prior to 2.01 principles and the motive why I cannot set up the computer

I'm not saying they are wrong. I cannot locate what mb specification follows other needed at least 1A at 5 V standby lead (+5 VSB).

Sarcastically, a thread on another board where someone was having troubles with a system that uses this card is recommending a new-fangled Corsair power supply that supported at least 2.01 AT12V specifications.

So far have not found a definitive reason or source of the V2 TX650 that is incompatible with the Asus P4P800. I compared pinout and I note that the Asus shows a line of -5 volts which is considered optional for ATX 2.01., but the pinout THT was common at that time and did not mean that the council would use her microphone.

However, my opinion is that the line was used for P4P800 ISA slots and has none. In his biography it is reported levels of all common food products, and makes nothing at level 5.

It's a shame that there seem to be any type of database that is viable. I have no idea whether to return the power supply and replacement request, or to return simply because they are incompatible.

Asus says that the motherboard is well-matched with ATX12V 2.01 and that "there is no cause from our point of analysis that the PSU should not work with the P4P800.

I have asked to corroborate and confirm that the directory does not use the line of -5 volts, which is optional in the specification and are not built-in in the TX650 PSU V2.At what point is well-matched with Corsair concerned?

I'm not sure what else we can add to what is listed on the website.

Will it work with MB? Maybe, but maybe not, we have not been tested MB or constructed to a higher specification ATX. And every P4 socket MB is that we have designed the entire P4 ATX 1.3 Specification. Now ASUS could have used the latest specification when it designed the MB, but that is something that should be addressed.

Well the question is, is there something wrong with the PSU?Do you have a version of the TX650 has the same exact results? I might be able to borrow one to try.

Asus claims the board runs fine on an ATX12V version 2.01 and should not use the line of -5 volts. Other things to be added to the specification of age to reach 2.01, the only thing missing is perhaps the line of -5 volts. Please disabuse me of any ignorance to be detected in that statement.

Doubtful Before disconnecting the supply of age, did you remember to set the fast boot option in the startup tab of your BIOS setup program for disabled changes then save also after closing and switch to the new offer to ensure that the molex connectors for all peripheral devices, ie. Hard drives, CD / DVD, etc., are well placed. Brand new connectors usually require additional impetus for a table in full.

Do not attempt to establish off fast, I did reset the CMOS.I will attempt your suggestion. Meanwhile, I was hoping if anybody be acquainted with if there was any dissimilarity between V1 and V2 specifications that, in any way

When rapid boot disabled and connected only the 20-pin, 4 pin power CPU and video card plus boots! So off the rest of the old power supply and raising the Corsair, simply to then not once more. He continued his way back to the starting point, nevertheless as I have connected and what material will not boot.

Finally, I worked the relief of tension in the pin 20 back and forth several times, it felt like on the side of the connector is very stretched. It would boot, but as I plugged other things, and perhaps moved the cable assembly to the pin 20, which will not boot. Repeat the massage connector a few times led me to where the PC is started repeatedly.

But now I wonder if you have a marginal unit. What do you think? It is kept?

I understand your frustration and I feel it’s not just plugging it in and it works. And in theory it should work, but if you’re not working there's not much we can do to make it work. ASUS may be able to modify your BIOS to improve compatibility. I just checked and do not even have this card to prove it and asked if I could barrow a ASUS and they said they do not even have ATM again. So I'm sorry, but I'm at a loss of what I say. Not trying to be rude, just to the point is all.

I have no trouble replacing the power supply into an RMA number if you want, but I doubt the PSU is the issue of what has been published.