Thread: What is 4-Gigabit Fiber Channel throughput?

What is 4-Gigabit Fiber Channel throughput?

I have a very genuine query for you experts. I want your help regarding it. My query is what's a reasonable greatest throughput in MB/sec to see from 4 Gig filament channel? Much thanks to you in development.

Re: What is 4-Gigabit Fiber Channel throughput?

Since I was moving data in one bearing at 350 MB/sec, it could be more consistent to regard the link as a bottleneck than the physical disk when I possess an aggregate with 40 15k spindles in it.

The power of the controller and the configuration of the exhibit play a part. Stating you have 40 arms doesn't educate us much concerning the appearance. A 40 arm RAID0 or JBOD is determined to be restricted at the HBA for instance.

RAID6 on 40 drives would be able to hit a controller limitation (something needs to do every last trace of the XOR work) or RAID60 would be able to consequence in 1/2 the compose display you anticipate, or in some cases relying on controller implementation 1/2 the read exhibition.

It's NetApp's RAID-DP. I'm certain the plate is not the issue on the grounds that the same SAN saw MUCH higher aggregate throughput when it was utilized for essential space. And then its not 40 circles in a lone assault gather, numerous RAID assembles make up the total that this volume is on.

At that focus I could agree ("the more you know.") Try uniting some simultaneous sessions. Chances are it is not unlike some of the newfangled SSD sheets where a specific session really doesn't indicate the power of the framework. On the other hand @ 350MB/s you are unquestionably getting near the max of the 4GB. I could legitimately just anticipate 380-390MB/s out a totally tuned and used setup. The sum total of the overhead is the epitomized order (IE SCSI.) A 4GB line will hit 400MB/s certain transfer since the 'filament overhead' is in the .25 of the 4.25 line rate of the strand.

I am equipped to get it to head over up to about 380 MB/s under preferable factors this is with 3 or 4 LTO 4 tape drives restoring data. Several drives running will prod it like a pro to 380 when the 4th begins, the total throughput continues through to the end but the distinct livelihoods ease off.

The alternate part is the backup programming. Assuredly I've talked over throughput with the source; they're inspired I'm getting the same amount as I am. I think they're utilized to clients that compose data from various servers to a lone tape and still don't fill a tape. Our full alternate set is 15 LTO 4 tapes. Moreover, 380 MB/sec is 3 Gbit 75% of the theoretical maximum. 25% overhead appears actually towering, but I have small encounter with filament channel so I'm not positive what to anticipate.

Appraised max is 400MB/s. (restricted) the ".25" in the math is saved for filament overhead. Include on the SCSI over head, 380 are "truly exceptional." Even 350 is all in all great at 87% usage.