Thread: How to mount Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

How to mount Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

Recently I was assembling my PC with the latest hardware, so everything I have fixed properly but I fail to mount the Noctua NH-D14 [CPU Fan], I have try several thing to mount it properly but not able to do that. So if you guys have any of the information about the mounting of the Noctua NH-D14 then please let me know.

Re: How to mount Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

The mounting of the ‘Noctua NH-D14’ is basically depends on the Motherboard you are using to mount this ‘Noctua NH-D14’. And you have to use the mount this fan with the help of the mounting screws provide for the motherboard and also there is the thing have to looked for the cooler installed correctly or not if it is not install correctly then you have to make the correction and try it again to mount your ‘Noctua NH-D14’.

There might be the screw pin problems, some time it happened that while mounting the Fan for the CPU we press the Screw in such a force that it get lose so for that you have to check for the losing of the Fan and after that you have to remove your entire Noctua NH-D14 from the socket and then with the help of the mounting screws you have to try for the Mounting that fan and if you are not cable this time also then you have to take the help of the Experts to do that. Or you can go to the service center and change that Fan may it is not suited for your motherboard configuration.

Even I was also facing the same problems for mounting the Fan in my CPU, but finally I have got the solution for mounting the F, so first thing I want to say that there are the Size issues which create such problems. So first you have to check for the size of the Fan and then you have to proceed for the Further. The second thing you can try to mount that Fan in the CPU is that you have to push down that Noctua NH-D14 Fan, all you will see that they are hard to push but you have to do that and bring the Fan to the screw. That means that you have to reach up to the Screw that is present in the motherboard and have to tie that Noctua NH-D14 with the Screw.

You have to check for the Mobo Socket may you have break that because if the Mobo Socket is somewhat have any of the Mistake then such issue arise. Because when we are giving the pressure to the Socket some time it break the Mobo.

I have mounted many of the Noctua NH-D14s still since it is my profession to do that, but according to my experience I can say that the mounting bracket spacers is not in the right direction. So you just make the check and if such thing is there then you have to fix that first and after that you can try for the Mounting of the Noctua NH-D14 with the Screw.

According to me you have done this mistake of tightening the cooler on one side and after that you are trying for the next side and this will not allow you to mount the Fan Properly so you have to tight the screw alternate from both side. And you don’t have to confuse while fitting in the Mobo since it seem to be the tight but you have to force the fan to get to the Motherboard Screw.

Even I was also faced the same problems with my Noctua NH-D14 mounting but finally I’m able to mount that, so for mounting the Noctua NH-D14 easily you have to go for the Following steps:
    • First you have to take off the old cooler.
    • If possible then clean out the old TIM.
    • Then you have to place small pea sized dollop of TIM in center of CPU.
    • Now place them on cooler and twist from side to side twice.
    • Make sure that the screw is aligned with mounting bracket hole.
    • So for the first screw turn 3 times and similarly do the same thing to the second screw also.

You can do the following thing to mount the Fan perfectly to mount on the Motherboard. So for that you have to turn the screws in a few turns and then try pushing them down. It may be tight to do that but it’s not impossible to do that, now check twice the mounting for the mounting brackets as well. And there is the possibility that you can press them about 7-8mm which should be enough to engage the bracket.

May be your Mobo Tray is not lining up perfectly, so the best thing is that you can take the everything off. Now read the manual and don’t skip any of the steps for making the mounting of the fan properly. There is the rubber inlay on the backplate that doesn’t have to present there so remove that before install backplate. And finally make sure plastic spacers are correctly installed.

To mount the ‘Noctua NH-D14’ is simple, and also the mounting process for that CPU fan is simply given in the manual guide along with this Noctua NH-D14. I have used that only and have successfully mounted my Noctua NH-D14 to the Cabinet. If you have facing the problems for the mounting then you have to check for the socket you are trying to fit the Noctua NH-D14. And try once again to mount that you will not going to face any of the problems if you are trying with the help of the Noctua NH-D14 manual guide.