Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

why there is a USB port on my router?

Hardware Peripherals

Old 02-10-2011

why there is a USB port on my router?

Hi, I have recently purchased a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND wireless router for my home use and it works perfectly, but the thing that I am not getting about it as why there is a USB port on my router? What is the use of that port on router?

Do that port is for External HDDís and printers? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Old 02-10-2011

Re: why there is a USB port on my router?

See there could be so many uses of the USB port that you have gotten on your router, and as you are not aware you must be thinking as this could be useless.

First of all the Extremely important usage of that port is like you can simply connect any data card to the router and can access the internet wirelessly and thatís the only important usage of the USB port.

And by the way each and every latest router has this kind of ports, but they all have their own specifications and features, so to know precisely about your router and itís port you can simply go through the manual given to your with the device.
Old 02-10-2011

Pretty much agree with you, but still does it make sense? Because see if the person who has this Bluetooth dongle or data card so why do he attach it to router rather he can simply attach it to the machine through which he want to access the internet.
Old 02-10-2011

see you are right actually but still there are too many other uses as well.

Such as If suppose the person who wanted to make use of internet through the router then he can connect the data card and make use of it easily.

Along with that we can make use of multiple device at the same time, and there are too many other uses as well.
Old 05-10-2011

Some routers can use the USB port to act as a 3G USB connection, others act as print servers or NAS. In other words, in most cases it is for plug-in a USB Flash drive, or any drive in USB enclosure and using it as a NAS.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , ,