Thread: is it worth upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 modem?

is it worth upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 modem?

Hi, I am currently using DOCSIS 2 modem at my residence and It works perfectly, but when I became aware about the DOCSIS 3.0 modem I was quite eager to have this model for myself. But don’t know whether I shall update the one I have or not, because the thing is like currently I am getting 20 Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up speed.

Because when I was searching about the same I came to know that I’ll get more speed than the one I am using currently. So please recommend me some of the models that I can have.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: is it worth upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 modem?

yeah you are right actually as you’ll get more speed for sure, and actually they are intended for that only so that the people can have more speed than they are getting usually.

But still let me tell you as there are too many models that you can have, so do you have your personal reference, you can mentioned it here if there is any !

I am agree with the above user as you should mentioned that first whether which device you want to have so that we can recommend you better, or simply compare any for you. Currently I am having Cisco Model DPC3000 DOCSIS 3.0 and I would like to suggest you the same to have because I am quite satisfied with the product and it’s service.

The speed that I am getting currently is too good compare to the older model of the modem and after all it is exclusively depends on you whether you want to have It or not, because see according to me there isn’t any more difference excluding of its data transfer speed.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but what do you mean by its transfer speed only. And do the newer modems have same feature apart from their speed?

And apart from that can you please let me know some more information about the DPC3000 DOCSIS 3.0 modem ? Because I search a lot but couldn’t found that much information about the product.

And the most important thing is like from where can I get it? Do I purchase it from the hardware store or order it from the internet?

I have the same opinion but still according to me surfboard SBG6580 modem would be better option, though I am not aware about the model mentioned by the above user thus I would say you can simply make a search on internet for both the models.

I would like to tell you about some of the features about the same model.

Feature:

1- Easy to Setup and Use
    2- Versatile and Convenient
    3- Efficient
    4- Reliable and Secure

And there are many more that you can check on its official website.

The DPC3000 offers a quicker connection to the Internet by integrating four bonded downstream channels along with four bonded upstream channels. These bonded channels transports downstream data rates in excess of 160 Mbps and upstream data rates up to 120 Mbps, and you can see that it is up to four times more rapid than conservative single-channel DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems.

So from here only you can simply make a decision whether to upgrade the modem you have or not.

you can have the information about the model you have mentioned from here itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

according to me you should buy it from any hardware store only, because see if you order it from the internet you must have to pay them more above its MRP, as some extra charges, and that all would be cut if you buy it from the store.

But still if you have decided to buy it online then I would first suggest you that make sure about the product price among all the Ecommerce websites and then only make an order.