Thread: Apple Magic Mouse: after Lion update, Mouse Cursor Jumping to Corners.

Apple Magic Mouse: after Lion update, Mouse Cursor Jumping to Corners.

Hey all, Using the mouse normally and accidentally on movement the cursor will jump to the corners of the screen. Triggering your hot corners in the event you have them set up. I have seen so many of the people having the same problem and here I want that if any of the user have resolve there problem then I would like to know the steps that how they came to get working it back. And here I want to say you that I am running a Quad 27" iMac with wired Keyboard, Magic Mouse, on Lion, but I have seen the so many of people who are using the MacBook pro as well. And also my friend is having the same issue with the Snow Leopard. Please suggest the proper reasons for that.

Re: Apple Magic Mouse: after Lion update, Mouse Cursor Jumping to Corners.

Friend, I am also having this type of the problem and I have not upgraded to the Lion, but still facing the same problem. So I came here to know the suggestion for resolving the mouse problem.

I can also see that the cursor will jump to of the corners of the display. the cursor will jump to of the corners of the display. I am not exact what prompts it jump, so I cannot easily copy it. But this is happening to many times with me, it does happen a lot. And also It jump when the mouse is not moving. And then I move it, it jumps to a corner. After reading so many thing on the about this topic I came to know that this is not the hardware problem. I ma also having so many mouse which are using BlutTooth. And let me tell you that I am using Mac Pro, with dual NVIDA 8800 display cards jogging 23" displays. This needs to get fixed, speedy. I have already sent in a "bug" document. I recommend everyone else does the same.

I am using the new Mac Mini and in my case also I having this type of the issue. For resolving this I have also searched so many times but this not get resolved. And after making few more searches I came to know that this problem is not related with the hardware, and they told me to update the drivers for this mouse. And yes, after updating the driver I can see that my problem has get resolved. So here in your case also I would like to suggest you for trying with updating the current driver for your system. Hope that this will help in your case.

For resolving the same problem I used the Magicprefs application. And finally I got I working again. Here in your case also I will suggest you for the Magicprefs application, because this is free application for OS X which aims to improve the functionality & configuration options of the Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad & the MacBook glass trackpad. And also this It features the skill to bind a variable number of finger clicks, taps, swipes, pinch & other gestures to functions like Middle Click, Hold Down Both Mouse Buttons, Spaces, Expose, Dashboard, Recent Applications, Tweet, Read Tweets, Google Reader etc. Touch Sensitivity implements a single point control for a lot of factors impacting the algorithms of the taps, swipes, pinch & other gestures. Tracking Speed adds the ability to increase the maximum mouse speed by an additional 200%. Also featured is a real-time display of the fingers touching the surface of the mouse that you can enable to check & monitor the way the mouse sees your input.

Yeah dude, I try with the magicprefs and this really works for me. Now all the things are working fine, and here except me, the one who are facing the same problem over here, I will suggest them to try with the same and I am sure that this will help them, because it is working fine in my case. And also I would like to say thanks for suggesting me about this application.

All things was working so fine before I upgraded with the Lion on my 27" iMac i7. After this update I start facing the same problem as you all are facing. I have both the wireless Magic Mouse and the wireless Trackpad. I have a 30" Apple Display that I work on primarily, and the cursor will jump over to the iMac Display lower right corner and trigger a hot corner.

While trying with resolving the issue, I have tried turning a quantity of the gesture settings on & off in Method Presences, but so far, nothing seems to work. The cursor continues to have a mind of it is own & keeps leaping to the hot corners. I have had to turn off most hot corners. This needs to get fixed. Everyone, send feedback to Apple so that this can get addressed in the next release.

For the same reason I have also the wireless channel from the router to something else and also I found that it have solved the problem with the wireless mouse. And now my cursor is working fine and here now I can move the cursor as I want. So in this case I will also suiggest you for trying with the same solution and hope that this will help you out.

No, I am not walking Better Touch Device, but in this case, i have the issue of the cursor slamming in to the lower right corner. And this issue has appeared to diminish since the first day I upgraded to Lion on my iMac 27. issue has appeared to diminish since the first day I upgraded to Lion on my iMac 27". Not definite why, perhaps the jump is from a mix of things when using the mouse, Perhaps I am more definite handed with the mouse now.

Hey, In your case also I will suggest you to follow the above sugge4stion only. And here I am sure that it will help- in your case also. It doesn’t matters that cursor slamming in which side of the screen. So try with the above suggestion only and don’t think that your problem is different.