Thread: Corsair HX650W: fan noise

Corsair HX650W: fan noise

Hey all, I am having the new Corsair HX650W but here I am having the problem in it. The problem Is that in the case the fan is making too much noise. Here I am not sure that this noise is from the which fan but I am hoping that this is from the PSU only. For resolving this problem I have also searched on the so many forums but no any proper suggestion in my case. Can anyone tell me that is related to the BIOS or it is related to the fan only. Please suggest me in this case.

Re: Corsair HX650W: fan noise

I am having the same PSU but I can’t here any noise in this. So in this case I will suggest you to try to replace it and take the new one instead of that, because your PSU is still in the warranty periods.

I am also having the Corsair TX650 V2 and in this case also the fan is making too much noise. My fan makes the constant wind-type sound and because of that it is the loudest component in my rig. Anywhere I have read that this is feature in the Corsair TX650 V2. So what can I also do in this case. Here I am planning to replace this machine and try to get any other machine instead of that.

I am suing the same PSU but here I am not sure that my PSU is of the same version. In your case I will recommend you to replace the PSU and buy the new one instead of that. And here I am sure that this will help in your case in case of making the noise. But here I think that this will be not fault in your fan because there are default setting that when the PSU get load at that time fan will start automatically. So in your case I think that its up to you that what you want, you want to change your PSu for that reason or not?

I can also hear the sound but this is difficult to say that how much noise this is making. I think that this is the normal thing to making the noise by the fan. Because when PSU is under load at that tiem it will get heat so for that reason there are fans for cooling then and I think that if the fan is working then it will surely make some kind of the noise. But here also they should not be loud enough to be heard over other components like the fan on the graphics card. If still you want to replace it then in this case I will suggest you for Request an RMA.

I was having some problem with my RMA'd and for that I replaced this one, but after that I noticed that I'm getting a whirring drone noise from the PSU fan under all loads and this was not in the my previous case. For resolving that I have also tried with the refitting the PSU back into the HAF 922 case but it doesn’t works in my problem. So I came here to know that is anyone having the sme problem related to me? If yes then how they resolve there problem. Please suggest me the proper steps for doing this thing. And I am having this problem from the last few weeks btu never came to know that how to resolve them.

I have also read on so many of the forums that this PSU is very popular and so many users are using this PSU. And they are not having any such type fo the problem as you have. So in your case I thin that there will be some problem in your CPU fan because here I can say you that the noise is not related with the PSu fan. Do in your case I will recommend you for checking the CPU by opening it and then see that which fan is making so much of the noise in your case. And after that try to replace that fan.

You are saying that you have tried with all the suggestion and anyone of them are not working in your case then here I will suggest you for the replacing your PSU. Replace your PSU and see if this will work on your case.

Here let me tell you that, I have checked that PSU with my friends system and there I can see that it is working so good and not making so much of the noise. So I think that there is no need for changing the PSU in my problem. Here I would like to know that is this problem is related to the my motherboard ot is there is problem with my other fans in the system.