Thread: Do firmware update for Force Series 3 and Force GT is available?

Do firmware update for Force Series 3 and Force GT is available?

HI, I am using Force Series 3 SATA drive and i was about to update the firmware of the drive but don’t know whether the newer one, I think 1.3 version is available or not.

Is there any one here, who had made this update to their drive? please let me know how we can do this and is there any new feature they have provided in the newer one or still we will have the same bugs with the newer firmware as well.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Do firmware update for Force Series 3 and Force GT is available?

I am sure about the firmware as It is available but let me tell you as If you are steady with the existing 1.2 firmware and if you are not having any problem, I would like to recommend you that you should not flash your firmware.

Because the main thing I have noticed is like if suppose we got any problem with the newer version so there isn’t any way to flash back to a previous firmware version and that’s quite annoying.

- I am agree with the above user as the update is available but still I would say if you should being happy with the current version and better option would be like you don't make and updating to that. and about the update let me tell you as this update has been legalized for exercise with Windows 7 only i am not sure about any other operating system.Consumers are expectant to update the drives with Windows 7 as soon as achievable.

This update tool is proposed to be run with the drive controller in AHCI mode. thus If your drive controller is not AHCI enabled and if your update fails, you will require to modify it to AHCI mode and along with that enable AHCI in your Operating system’s registry.

And the very important thing is like the update will not work with a controller in RAID mode.

I have installed the update and really it is too good thus would like to recommend you to install the firmware in the driver for sure, and I have mentioned some resolved issues that I have founded in previous version and not with this newer one.

• enhanced drive revival subsequent to an unsafe power cycle.

• resolute some sources of Sleep/Hibernate wake up failures.

• enhanced compatibility with several Areca and Adaptec RAID cards.

• enhanced PHY power organization in DIPM Slumber. This provides an additional ~100mW savings.

Yeah that was ok but still where can get the whole stepwise procedure to update the firmware of the hard drive.

Because I have read all the precaution and prevention that I have to take but now I want to update the firmware. anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

I am posting the .PDF file for the same, so you have to just download the file.

And Please read it CAREFULLY and compensate close attention to the Images mentioned in the procedure because there are information there that you will require to be awake of.

I have some different recommendation as you should either update the firmware from the above mentioned guide but still according to me better option would be to make firmware update from the service center rather than doing on our own.