Thread: Cannot install Corsair AX1200

Cannot install Corsair AX1200

Hello friends I have recently purchased Corsair AX1200 PSU because the review of this PSU was very good as far as future upgrade are concern and when I disconnect old PSU and put my new PSU and then when start the computer at that time computer worked file for few minutes and after that it gets turned off. is there I am doing anything wrong or something else is causing this problem.

Re: Cannot install Corsair AX1200

You have to first check whether you have connected your new Corsair AX1200 PSU with your machine properly or not. I will suggest you to remove the PSU from your computer completely and after removing the PSU from your computer you have to connect the PSU with your computer again and after connecting the PSU with your computer you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

connect your Corsair AX1200 PSU with any other computer and after connecting it with another computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem with that computer or not. if your PSU is giving the same problem with other computer also then I think there might be something wrong with your PSU and if you are not getting any problem with other computer then problem is with your machine only.

you have to also check whether the PSU which you have bought is compatible with your system or not. I am telling this because sometimes due to incompatibility also this type of problem can take place. You have to go official site of the motherboard or graphic card and then check whether Corsair AX1200 PSU is compatible with that or not. if your PSU is not listed there then you have to change the PSU and after changing the PSU you have to check whether problem get solved or not.

According to me you have to clear the CMOS and after clearing the CMOS you have to check whether you are able to start the computer properly or not. Clearing the CMOS can solve this type of the problem.

Clearing the CMOS can fix this problem and I agree with this. To clear the CMOS you have to follow these steps.
    • First you have to turn off the computer completely.
    • Now after that you have to remove the CMOS battery from your motherboard.
    • After removing the CMOS battery you have to wait for 15 to 20 seconds.
    • After that you have to install the CMOS battery on its original place.

After that you have to start the computer again and then check whether your problem gets solved or not.

when you open the cabinet at that time you have to check whether on your motherboard is their any button called clear CMOS or not. if there is button for the clear CMOS then you have to use that button to clear the CMOS and no need to remove the CMOS battery.

after clearing the CMOS things will start working properly.

I have already tried to solve this by resetting the CMOS in my computer and after resetting the CMOS also I was getting the same problem. Now after that I have connected my PSU with other computer and after connecting my PSU with other computer also I get the same problem. Now please tell me how to fix this issue?

As you have said that after connecting the PSU with other computer also you are facing the same problem and clearing the CMOS also gives you the same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that there might be something wrong with your Corsair AX1200 and you need to return it to the retailer from where you have bought this.