Thread: Scratchy sound coming while playing mp3’s and watching videos on YouTube

Scratchy sound coming while playing mp3’s and watching videos on YouTube

I have a computer at home. I like watching videos and listening to music. I am having problems with the sound I am getting these days. I have noticed that whenever I play any music on media player, there is some annoying sound that comes. Sound appears like scratching. I have noticed that when I am playing any game with background music on, the sound that comes is absolutely fine. I don’t hear any scratchy sound while playing. Has anybody faced anything similar to this before? Any suggestions to resolve this query would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Scratchy sound coming while playing mp3’s and watching videos on YouTube

I would suggest you to format your pc once. You can try to install the fresh copy of your operating system. I think after formatting you won’t face any such problems again. I think some of your windows files have got corrupted.

I would like to ask you what speaker you are using. May your speaker is faulty. How old is your speaker? I think you should try to replace the speaker with a new one. Speaker is very sensitive and it gets corrupted fast. I would say that try to clean the speaker from inside and near the wire area. Also I would say that make sure that your wires are properly connected. You can try to unplug the wire then after few seconds plug it back. Make sure that none of the wire related to speakers are loose.

I would say that try different headphones. I think you should check the connector. May be the connector is not proper.

Well as you have said that the games are working fine then I probably think that something is wrong with your computer. I would say that try to install the audio drivers again. Uninstall the drivers first and then install the audio drivers back into your pc. I hope this will help. May be your drivers are not latest or not supported by the players and all.

I think that your speakers are outdated. I would say that try to install the media player again. Try to download the latest version of the media player and check. The chances of this working are less because you also said that you are facing the problem with the YouTube also.

I think the speaker wire from the main cpu is not connected properly. I had the same issue with me. Whenever I used to try listening some music, I used to get the scratching sound from the speaker. I did many things but couldn’t resolve it then one day I just tried to shake the main wire from the cpu and the speaker started running properly.

I think you should take your speaker to the shop from where you had purchased it. Ask them to check it and get it repaired. Also I would say that make sure that there is no magnetic device near your speaker many a times a mobile or something like that causes the speaker to make sound. I would mention that Electric Magnetic Interference causes poor audio. So I would say that try to move your speakers and wires around and away from other devices. I hope this works.

Have you installed any new audio card to your computer? I assume that the cards within the computer might be causing electro-magnetic interference. I would say that try to move the card to another location within the computer if you can. This should help.

As you have said that you are not having problems while playing games, you are experiencing this scratchy sound only while listening to music and watching videos in youtube, so I think there is some problem with the software. So I would suggest you to check the software vendor for a software patch.