Thread: Mouse does not work properly in AutoCAD 2011

Mouse does not work properly in AutoCAD 2011

I am using a version of Fusion 3.1 as AutoDesk was recommending it to use AutoCAD 2011 but after installing it i have found that my has became 10 times slower just in the actual drawing but it works fine over menu bars an task bars or anywhere outside autocad.Just to check i have used many other mouse and have done many adjustments fro the mouse pointer but i have not yet found any solution for the same.Any help regarding the sane will be highly appreciated.

Re: Mouse does not work properly in AutoCAD 2011

I have a computer with 32-bit on Windows XP Pro an i have just installed AutoCAD 2011 and the problem i am facing is that my mouse wheel is not at all working and i have already checked my Mbuttonpan variable it is already set to 1.I was using the same mouse on autocad 2010 and it was working just fine with it,i have not changed any settings as well and i really dint have any idea why is it so? Is there any one who have experienced the same problem or have an idea about it?

I have Upgraded to AutoCAD 2007 from 2004 and i have not changed any single setting for it and having all the default settings as it was but the problem i have came accrosed now is that whenever i am trying to scroll my mouse which was usually used for zoom in an zoom out in autocad 2004 is now appearing to perform up and down.Does autocad 2007 is programmed like that? or there is something wrong with my mouse? or i need to change some setting in the autocad?

In this case just make sure that Make sure that you have a well supported mouse drivers or one of the latest mouse drivers also check your settings for the mouse listing the as default but if its not solved by this than try to select AutoCAD as the programs for reversing the default setting.You can also try out selecting different features and setting of the mouse wheel from the Control Panel.

I am having a well working mouse with a scrolling wheel but whenever i use autocad something goes wrong with this well working mouse mostly in the drafting window.The mouse is just working fine when it is on the AutoCAD's toolbars but it lowers the working speed when it enters the AutoCAD's drafting space.It work well in all the other programs.Any help will be appreciated.

I have a solution for it just try to do the following
    • 1. In Windows > Configuration Panel > Display Properties > Settings > advanced > troubleshooting > set the slider of hardware acceleration to one less then full
    • 2. In Autocad > Make the crosshair size smaller

one of these should surely solve your problem.