Thread: Is refilling black ink to a colored cartridge is safe

Is refilling black ink to a colored cartridge is safe

Hello guys I have been thinking to replace the black ink to a colored cartridge as the black ink is not much durable so I replaced the black with the colored one and then when I dint appreciated the colored effect than I went back again to the black can you guys tell me would there be any problem with this would my printer have problems while doing so many changes please suggest me something?

Re: Is refilling black ink to a colored cartridge is safe

This basically depends on what environment you have been using your printer and then it depends on where you have been breaking cartridges? When the color cartridge is empty at that time you can surely sue the black ink in it, and you can use to increase the black ink in reverse. And then what I would be suggesting you over this would be to buy the recycled and the refilled cartridge which won’t be having any serial number on your printer recognizing as it has been on the previous once.

I don’t think there would be any problem this is absolutely fine just need to take a bit care and I have been doing the same there is no such bad effect. And I don’t think there is any reason

Other than that cartridges which has been simply not been just designed for this, now you have been pushing back the black ink with the color ink over its heads, this would mean that whenever you would be switching back with the color cartridges ink again on the head of the black one then they may not produce the proper color effect that time you may have some problem with this so you need to look out for that an d be ready for that. And since it has been refilled cartridge from the place as the swiftink which has been very in expensive and then I have been testing with the cartridge and then the better quality ink than you have been getting in the self refill kits this wont be ever considering to destroy the printer ever.

I don’t have much idea about this but I would be saying that this is sounding bit weird to me and I think that most of the inkjet printers have been know if you have been refilling the own carts and if you are changing the cartridge then it would be effecting on the color balance for sure.

Ok so over this I think that the color would be not the same this would be having the problem of the darker color rate because if you would be switching back to the refilling of the cartridge with the color ink and again and again but like I have said that I would be preferring to buy with the another printer which would be having a better response regarding the change in the cartridge and one of the exclusive for the black ink and the one would be for the colored ink. And if your printer has been a oldest one then surely you would be having a problem with this and then if it is new one then no problem would be there for sure.

Well I think the changing the black again form the color one would be having a hurt to your printer. There would be a effect in your color, and if you have been using the black pigmented ink while you have been in your print head has been designed to use with the dye based ink with the color.

What I can think of is there would be no harm until you haven’t been trying to do it again and again you need to take care of your printer and this would not be allowed by your printer again and again. And this would be having the color effect in the beginning but it would be working fine after sometime but it needs to be taken care may be if it has not bee replaced properly or quickly then they would be having a problem which can be a headache for you later on.

If you have buyied a good printer which has been a better response technically then I think they can bare a pain for sometime and a also you need to know that if the chips once decided that the cartridge has been empty you can refill the cartridge when it is in the blue face and if this is not done properly then the chip would be still telling your cartridge has been empty and it would be refusing to print.

Now i have already done the interchanging of ink now what can i do is just take care that i don't do the same in future, i was also thinking that if i would be changing this ink in this way there would be some color effect problem and that what you have said to, now i am sure with it and would be taking care of it in future. I was not having a good idea about the printer and all because this has been something new for me now i have just bought it some months ago anyways thanks for the response and help you provided to me.