Thread: Two 16GB SanDisk Extreme cards with same serial number

Two 16GB SanDisk Extreme cards with same serial number

I have bought the two SanDisk Extreme CF cards which were sold like a twin-pack through a direct repayment. However while I got the order I observed together cards had the precise similar serial number, which I establish extremely strange. Are they fake?

Re: Two 16GB SanDisk Extreme cards with same serial number

From the time I was aware of "fake" and there are several sites on the Internet in addition to those reported by you, which help in comparison. The problem is that when you buy from the Internet only after you see the MRCE and fares paid back the money from manufacturer is difficult.

I am convinced that the card is genuine, bought it from a large, reliable retailer that does not risk selling fake tickets. I think I might try to return the card but there must be some proof of this is broken, and formats and the card works fine on my K5 now.

By the way, to my knowledge, this Finnish law knows no such thing as a guarantee of the time of life. There is a regular 1/2/5 year warranty and so on, and there is also a thing called.

Sorry for topic something reliance. The card may be defective, but for now, I think the first format error was a problem until proven wrong. Apparently Sandisk and K5 are compatible.

Personally I trust little of foreign sellers, not so much for the possible disappointments, but the distance which you can refer to a guarantee or to any dispute, then up to ch things are going well ok, but the trouble starts when something goes wrong. The main problem however is that sandisk is often the same dealers who, in good faith or bad faith, they have been sold over the counter. And I do not think that it is possible to recognize at a glance bootleg cards, especially if one has never seen an original definitely. Fortunately there is a shopkeeper, and is a natural person that if you miss it after purchase, you can always go to protest.

I am a strong supporter of ebay, and I must say that generally I buy memory cards from a seller in Hong Kong so far I have never trimmed page. This time I took it to England to have it more quickly, a top seller 3900 + feedback, now I will see to protest and ask for a refund to paypal.

I'm in a few months ago on Ebay fell for a salesman who gave me a counterfeit SanDisk Extreme 8GB Compact Flash card sold. The fun has cost me a proud 35 €, which is still less than the price of the original card I really wanted to have, but unfortunately the fake version in light of the read and write performance is in no way comparable.

There are easy ways to find out these fake cards.
    • First be skeptical when the memory card is shipped without outer packaging, such as is usual from Sandisk. For delivery without packaging but it can also handball to OEM or bulk, but this should be mentioned in the offer.
    • Second the lettering on the memory card was different from that of the original - the original, the word extreme in gold, silver in the counterfeit. At closer look one can see that the X is different in the word extreme and the ESP logo Technology under extreme is also not quite true to the original
    • Third the upper corners of the cover sheet are not rounded but have a sharp corner

When the fake cards, it is mostly cheap memory cards, which were simply relabeled only. The memory used is usually very slow, among other things, it can also happen that the memory card, not at the specified capacity has. Out of curiosity, I have even done a test or a benchmark in terms of performance between original and fake.

Please check after receiving the goods, whether it is truly an original! They examine their catch and compare it first with the manufacturer's product image. If you have purchased a Compactflasch card and a CF to IDE + adapter or a CF to PCMCIA Adapeter on or have in their system, they can in the Windows Control Panel under System / Hardware / drives to see the card manufacturer. There should of course be Sandisk! Most-much slower than original Sandisk product, since the Far East cheapest commodity is used for the forgery, No warranty (10 years) by SanDisk, Part-very unreliable, with many spelling mistakes. Please rate a dealer who has supplied them with a fake accordingly, so the other ducks Inter have been warned!