Thread: HP 564XL: ink cartridges are not working. Need help.

HP 564XL: ink cartridges are not working. Need help.

Hey hi, I am using HP 564XL, and recently I found that ink cartridges is not working. For that reason I went to buy staples ink for my HP 564XL. I put the XL 564 I have the compatible ink cartridges, but according to the bid must be compatible. What should I do to work, I open so I can not return it, and do not have regular shapes of all 564. Any suggestion in this case?

Re: HP 564XL: ink cartridges are not working. Need help.

I think that the XL should work as it just has more ink, electrically it's the same.
    First tell me that what printer model do you have?
    What is the product number on the 564xl black?

Hey, I am also facing the same problem and trying for the suggestion to solve the problem. wonder if this matter is now resolved. And let me tell you that I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

After following your suggestion, I could only find 564XL ink cartridges in the store, the color cartridges as well, but the black 564XL will not fit. The tab on the front of the black cartridge 564XL "T" is oriented exactly opposite the slot "T" in the ink carrier assembly. What can I do further to solve the issue. And also thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately you have likely bought a 564XL cartrdige photos, and I think that in this case what you need is the 564XL Black Cartridge. They are not interchangeable. You can also refer the other solution for the same case. I've heard that HP could do a one-time replacement if you contact HP. So try to contact with them, I am sure that they will help you to replace the cartridge. Try with this suggestion and reply back if they are not responding in your case.

Do you know that HP 564, 364, 178 and 862 cartridges used to be named Photo Black ink cartridges are now called photo ink cartridges. New photo cartridges are the same cartridges Black old photos. Only the name has changed. The name change is intended to reduce confusion with Black ink cartridges. And photo black cartridges are not interchangeable, and printers that use cartridges Black do not use photo cartridges. This aree the different between this cartridge and if in your case they are not working then I will also suggest you to contact with the HP support. Hope that they will help you in this case.

I am using the HP 564XL, and I was having the problem as ink cartridges are not working. For that reason I had decided to change the ink cartridge and for that I had taken the new ink cartridge. But the problem was that after opening the cartridge box I find that it is not the perfect one and this will not work properly with my HP 564XL. I am asking that is there is any way to replace that cartridge box, because this is of no use for me and it will not work in my case. If anyone having the same problem then please let me know and if you know how to replace that ink cartridge box then also tell me to do that. I am waiting for your reply. i am thinking that should i go directly for buying the new cartridge box for my printer or else i would try for replacing the that one which i have bought newly?