Thread: HP PSC 1215: Printer cartridge rejected as too old

HP PSC 1215: Printer cartridge rejected as too old

I am using a HP PSC 1215 all in one. For checking its weight, I took out the HP57 color cartridge. And after checking I see that It was working normally but had been flagged as low on ink. I would like to get a feel from its weight as to how empty it is. For that reason I replaced the PSC cartridge and gave an error. In my flagged screen to "replace the color cartridge.", I tried cleaning the contacts, etc. But the truck there is no work l Longer no apparent reason. I have read some pieces on the web that cars can be rejected due to date. Is that in this case? The purchase date is 7/22/09 and also I understand that this is the date of warranty. I have no other use box with an expiration date HP56 June 2008 can be expected that this should in principle. Can anyone help me in this case?

Re: HP PSC 1215: Printer cartridge rejected as too old

I suggest you try again to clean the cartridge contacts, perhaps more aggressively with a rubber plastic. The black cartridge 56 may be less prone to age-related failures. Printers with integrated print heads (as used in cartridges 56/57) have no expiration ink. That said, old cartridges can have problems with life, especially if they have been subjected to extreme temperatures.

Hey thanks for that suggestion. But can you please tell me that do you think the reason that the printer "rejected" the cart is registered to its internal memory the basket is used up. While doing that think I had noticed that the ink refill sites there are methods described to deceive ink memory because the same thing will happen in this case also. And also I see that cart was not refilled, and still that was just low.

I think that the Printers using 56/57 cartridges do not reject the cartridges. I am telling this thing because the ink is not empty. I think that it will only happens in the case to protect the printhead and for that HP printers with individual ink supplies and printheads may reject empty ink supplies. And also this is not the case of printers that use cartridges with the print head attached. And I think that you are using the printer which is use cartridges with the print head attached, so I think that this will not happen with you. Try to make sure that your printer do not use cartridges with the print head attached. And then tell me back over there and after that I will suggest you to what to do in that case.

Hey dude, thanks a lot for your reply. I am trying with that and also this is working for me. In my HP PSC 1215, I am using new ink cartridge and now I t I working so good as per my requirements. Before it, my system was showing an error that is "replace the color cartridge." But after replacing this now I am not facing this type of error or problem. if again in face this type of the problem then I will try to contact with the HP service provider and I am now sure that they will help me in my case. and in the future, if i face this type of the problem they also i will try to take the suggestion from the same forums.