Thread: HP Photosmart C6280: not able to print black and white print.

HP Photosmart C6280: not able to print black and white print.

Hey all, I want to know that why does my printer uses color ink when I try print black and white? I had to replace the color cartridges even though only print black and white. I can print black and white for a time after receiving a message to replace a color cartridge, but eventually the error will not go away and the printer will not work to replace one of the color cartridges. Please help me in this case. And also reply me if anyone having the same problem.

Re: HP Photosmart C6280: not able to print black and white print.

i had this problem when I print only black ink and then says: Replace the next cartridge to resume printing and then press to continue. Then press that says it all: the printer does not have enough ink to ensure the health of the printer. Empty ink cartridge must be replaced to continue. This is very bad! so even if I buy a new one and not use any ink color due. This is BS! Call this a color printer only! I will tell all friends and family who never buy an HP printer. This is incredible that the company expects the purchase of ink every year, even if you do not use.

I think that maybe this will help in your printer, too: find the location you have selected "Print in grayscale" in the printer properties. See if there is a drop-down menu next to it. If so, click the down arrow so you can see all the options if you're like my 6500, one of the options will be "Black Ink Only." I agree that this option is not hidden! It happened to me too.

My printer is using color ink even when all values are in black ink only. The estimated page for black ink cartridges for my machine is 660, which replaces the black ink cartridge twice has printed a ream of paper. Will never buy another HP device of any kind. Printer, computer, no matter - I will not give them another dime of money, ever. And everyone I know. For years, the company deliberately and intentionally defrauded millions of people millions of dollars. The only way to cut content affect the behavior of companies is to affect their revenue stream, by refusing to buy their products

Hey I also have the same problem. And I think that Magenta cartridge is what which cause me not allowed to print only Black. This seems to be an intentional issue with all HP printers. In this case I think that this is the way for HP to makes money on their printers. Anyway, I say no to spend more money on HP printers or printer cartridges. Also I will suggest you to never print in color but all my colors seem depleting. I am also using the printer and my default is Black Cartridge only. No solution for this problem that I could find. And HP will not correct this with your software. Therefore, the only solution I see is to replace the printer with another provider

Hey all, let me tell you that I am using this printer from the last few months and this is first time when I am facing this type of the problem. When I bought this HP Photosmart C6280 at that time it was working so good and also this was printing the all type of printing including the black and white print. I am facing this problem form the last few weeks only because I am now need to print the black and white print in my office work. For solving this error I had also changed my ink cartridge, but still I am facing the same problem. I have also tried with the so many suggestions about it but they all are of no use. Now I am searching on the forums for my help and I am also trying to see the how many people are facing the same problem. I have also contact with the HP service center but they also not providing me the help. They are suggesting me to replace my printer. I am agree with them and I am ready for the replacement but they are saying that they will give me the printer after few weeks. I am using this printer for my office work so I can’t wait till few weeks so I am now not replacing the printer and still I am searching for the suggestion on the forums in the hope that someone will give me the proper suggestion to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erubiel View Post
    find the location you have selected "Print in grayscale" in the printer properties. See if there is a drop-down menu next to it. If so, click the down arrow so you can see all the options if you're like my 6500, one of the options will be "Black Ink Only."
    Did that, it's still insisting that I replace the magenta cartridge. Sigh.