Thread: Will D-link modem dmf-562IS will work on Windows 7

Will D-link modem dmf-562IS will work on Windows 7

I need some help to fix the installation of DLink DFM-562IS modem. This is an old modem that I purchased and it was functioning fine. Now I want to install this on a different system which has Windows 7 operating system to run Windows update. The modem looks like it is installed but when I connect to internet sometime it takes too long time to open a page and sometime I got a error saying that device is not configured. I receive a dialer on screen frequently. I tried to use it with different cable and I also use the modem disc for the installation which showed me green in start but then the issue started. It can be possible that the modem might not support Windows 7 64 bit.

What more can I do here to fix this issue. Any other way to setup this modem on Windows 7 64 bit.

Re: Will D-link modem dmf-562IS will work on Windows 7

I was facing a similar issue sometime ago when it took me really long time to install this modem on a similar operating system. But that was an desktop where I was succeeded. At first I was not able to connect at 5.6kbps connection. I had created a dialer which was disconnecting frequently. The speed drop was another issues. I then manually installed the modem without using the cd and dialer. Later on I updated the drivers from official website. That really helped a lot. The modem started working. You will need to run driver + firmware update for your modem to make it work. Do not rely only on the driver cd that is not enough. Those are old which are suitable for Windows XP.

Get a new one, modems are cheap and 50kbps is not a good speed. You can run only very basic apps. In my view go for an cable net or a 3g connection.

Update drivers that is the only fault. New drivers will fix the issues. Go on the official website of Dlink and download the drivers. Download and run it. Thats it will work. And remember that dial up connections are always slow internet connection.

The modem is a device that allows our computer to contact and communicate with other computers, using the telephone line. So if in between there is some kind of obstruction, the connection is terminated. This happens due to faulty cable, faulty modem, incompatibility or old drivers. First connect the modem to the computer, a telephone line and a power outlet. The operation is complicated, however, to avoid various problems, please refer to the manual attached to the modem box. If you cannot find the manual then you will need to install all things manually. I have some basic steps here which can help you. For that click on Start > Settings > Control Panel. Now from here look for Modem. Double click on that and click on Modem Properties. In that go General > Add. This is to tell the computer that you want to install a new modem.

A wizard will run which will install the modem automatically. The procedure will guide you till end and once the modem is installed properly check your internet speed. Provide the modem disc or location which contains the drivers.

Verify cable you are using to connect with modem. That can be faulty. You can also ping your Ethernet card to check for disturbance. Run cmd from start > run box and type 127.1.1.1 to ping the lan card. If the response is continuous then the land card as no issues. Second connect the modem and ping 192.168.1.1 which lies the default gateway. If the response is not continuous then your modem might not be working properly. You cannot use the same on your laptop. If it is proper then once you might need to talk to your service provider and ensure that all is well from their side. Sometime due to improper wiring, or poor weather conditions cause great fluctuation in your internet connection. The issue can only be resolved by ISP. You cannot do much here. Simply installing and removing modem again and again in worthless.

This just looks the plain issue of incompatibility. You did not mentioned that you are using an internal modem card. And I checked on the Windows Compatibility center for this product. But there is no info provided on that. I am sure this is incompatible.

I visited the official website of Dlink to find information on the DLink DFM-562IS modem. I am confused there but this is for sure that there are some reason that the modem might not perform on Windows 7. The features states that this modem is compatible but for data only. So that creates a doubt that this card might not work properly on 64bit os better switch to new one.