Thread: How to use Windows 7 with a HP Photosmart C5280

How to use Windows 7 with a HP Photosmart C5280

Hello friends, I have recently purchased the HP Pavilion Elite which is running on the windows 7. Even I want to say that I have also the HP Photosmart C5280, as I try to install the printer on the windows 7 with the installation disc I got with it, so as I try to install it then it saying that it is not recognize by the windows 7. I want this printer on this same computer, so please suggest me what should I do and proper solution for it.

Re: How to use Windows 7 with a HP Photosmart C5280

Well you need to update the drivers for the printer for the windows 7, you can download the drivers for the windows 7 from the below link as I have found it
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s=4063&lang=en

Yes you can download the drivers for the printer for using it on the windows 7, or the other way is that you can go to the control panel, in that go to the printer faxes, in that you select to add a printer, as you select that then you will be able to get one window on the screen in that select the company name which is there on the left side list of the windows and then select the printer which you are using (note that your printer should be connected with the computer and you should also be connected with the internet) as you select the printer then click on the windows update and it will download the drivers for it and it will be installed on the computer automatically. So you can try it and see that it works for you or not.

You can check on the internet as there might some links which might help you to solve the problem of yours and you will be to work with both the printers.

C5280 Problems on Windows 7 – Scan does not work

I purchased a new Asus desktop pc that runs Windows 7 Home Premium. (Previously I have been using the HP C5280 on a pc with Windows XP and had no problems.)
    I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled all possible combinations of the following software, but still cannot scan.
    - PS_AIO_02_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_140
    - CPE_SCAN_DESTINATION_UPDATE_hypcom_001_003
    - dot4patch_reboot

I have run HPSDU diagnostics after each successful step of the installation and I get a “The scan driver is missing or corrupt” message.
    Does anyone have any ideas? Please help!

Thanks

rjzak,

Can you try to use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow the link given below. How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 link is listed below:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833