Thread: how to install Officejet Pro 8500 A910 on the network by using Windows XP laptop

how to install Officejet Pro 8500 A910 on the network by using Windows XP laptop

I am user of the Windows XP in my Laptop. All things fixes ordinarily excluding connection options flop to locate the printer when the network connection is chosen. The prompt that takes after for system type in addition misses the mark when wired (Ethernet) is chosen. Firewalls are turned off around the same time as. The system printer might be viewed by the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility. Utilizing the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility to check connection indicates software not present, connection verified, and test print missed the mark. The Officejet Pro 8500 A910 Embedded Web Server might be opened from the net browser by dropping in the IP location. Modifying the printer port to the IP address permits the printer to work but makes a point not to prepare the sum total of the holding nothing all-in-one capacities for example scanning or running HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910.exe. Power turn off on to the printer, machine, and router did not settle the issue. Re-installation the programming some times did not settle the problem. The installation works typically with different PCs on the same network that runs Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Re: how to install Officejet Pro 8500 A910 on the network by using Windows XP laptop

I faced the accurate same issue, not counting that I am utilizing a XP desktop. I had to turn to joining it via USB cable, which unraveled the issues for the XP desktop. I held the printer on the grid utilizing the wireless connection so I could probably print from two different laptops I have, one Vista 64 bit, the alternate Windows 7. The windows 7 and vista computers work fine over the different networks. I hold no firewall to any detectable degree install, or any antivirus programming.

Re: how to install Officejet Pro 8500 A910 on the network by using Windows XP laptop

I chatted with HP product support. The Officejet Pro 8500 A910 should not install on Windows XP (regardless the Home Edition) when networked through a router. It will install through USB. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it with just USB associated to wipe out every last trace of the arrangement printer/scanner info. Product support guaranteed it could install through an Ethernet cable joined between the printer and computer but this does small exceptional depending on if you require online access.

There are a couple of intimations here:
    • You expressed that you picked cable association. Is the printer joined to the router via Ethernet cable?
    • You have to keep your firewall prepared in the installation time. Since you does the installer will open ports in it. In the event that you try not to, when you re-prepare the firewall it will block the printer.
    Comodo has issues with HP printers. Verify your Comodo firewall is up to date before you begin the installation.

I think you have associated the printer to the network. At what point you install the product and decide on a Network installation sort, does it give you a screen that states it cannot recognize the printer, and then give you an Advanced tool? Since in this way, you are able to click that and drop in the printer's IP address. The IP location might be perceived on the front panel or by printing a Wireless Network Test from the Wireless menu on the front board. I think you have a 3rd party firewall in the way, possibly part of your anti-virus software?

We should take an offbeat go at. Wouldn't it be great if we could set a static IP location for the printer:
    • -Print a Network Configuration Page from the front of the printer. Remember the printer's IP address.
    • -Type that IP address into a web browser to uncover the printer's inside settings.
    • -select the Networking tab, and then Wireless in the other side, then the IPv4 tab.
    • -On this screen you need to set a Manual IP. You have to set an IP location outside the extent that the router sets also known as the DHCP range. You are able to identify the DHCP run of the router utilizing its inward settings page or in its manual. Utilize the CD that joined your router or sort the router's IP address (closures in .1) into a browser.
    • -Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is diverse, if thus, utilize that)
    • -Enter your router's IP (on the Network Configuration window) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one unadorned.
    • -Click 'Apply'.

I think you could choose either Windows Update (it should go get the .ini file) or Driver Disk and do a search for .ini during the installation. That’s why this problem occurs.

You would be able to start “Connect new printer” (you have to erase the old one from Control Panel > Printers first). I think the reason is that XP is tracking the area of your printer by IP address. DHCP can give the printer a better IP location at offbeat times relying on what else is going on.

By setting a static IP then afterward indicating the HP product (and XP) to that IP location, it recognizes it and for the reason that it should not update, it will carry on to recognize it.

You can try not to have MAC filtering prepared anymore. Since the router has an IP reservation for the printer and the printer is soliciting an IP outside the DHCP range, I am not positive what will happen. In the event that you have not even now then erase the reservation in the router and just run with the printer solicit for an IP. Making a diverse request for wired and wireless is a great thought in light of the fact that they are perceived by the router as several offbeat units.

According to me the focus is that now the IP location is outside the range supervised by the DHCP server or a static IP location is manually situated on printer side.

An altered IP request for the Ethernet connection works the same as the wireless. Actually decide on the Wired or Ethernet or 802.3 settings menu in place of the wireless menu.