Thread: HP Photosmart C5580 All-In-One unable to scan

HP Photosmart C5580 All-In-One unable to scan

Hello friends, I am using the HP Photosmart C5580 All-In-One, I was using it from some couple of months and now I am getting problem with it. As I am not able to scan any document on to my computer, and when I press the scan button on the printer but it gives me message that “Try to start the scan from the computer. Refer to the documentation for the details.” So please help what should I do as I need to scan the document and have to mail to others for the work related. So please suggest me some solution to start the scanning of the printer and also this problem is really bugging me. Thank You.

Re: HP Photosmart C5580 All-In-One unable to scan

You should try to connect to the HP solution center over there you might the solution for the problem you are facing for scanning. You will get the problem fixed so just try it.

Just follow the following steps, which might help you to solve the problem:
    1. Try to go on the www.hp.com/support and over there select the appropriate drivers or download driver and software.
    2. When you select the Download Drivers and Software, and then type the printer or the scanner model number (e.g. Photosmart C5580 All-In-One) and then click on go.
    3. As you click on go then you will get the list and in that you select the printer from that list.
    4. As you select the printer from the list then you can see the 4 utilities as the bottom of the list, in that use the scanning and try and see what is showing you.

Hope it might work for you and solve the problem, good luck.

Did you try to contact the service center of the HP, I think you can get the solution over there, so just try to contact the service center and you will be able to work on the scanning of the documents.

I think you should have to uninstall the HP printer from the computer and try to install it again on to the computer. First you uninstall the printer from the computer and as you have uninstall the printer then remove the connection of the printer from the computer, as you have done with it so then you do a restart with the computer and start the computer. As you start the computer then work on it for some time, after sometime just shutdown and connect the printer with the computer. As you have connected the printer with computer then you start the computer and install the driver again on to the computer and try to work with it. Hope installing again might work for the scanning, as I have also done for the same problem with my printer.

You can search on the HP official website and you will be able to get any solution from there, if you are not getting then you can just leave a query in the HP solutions and some experts will come and try to solve the problem you are facing, I am sure you will get some solution over there.