Thread: Problem with yellow ink cartridge in HP Photosmart D7160

Problem with yellow ink cartridge in HP Photosmart D7160

Hey hi all, I am using the HP Photosmart D7160 from the last few months and now I am getting some problem in it. My yellow ink cartridge of D7160 is empty, and I replaced it before few days, but now it is telling that the cartridge is empty and need to change. So I did it again but still it is saying the same thing that there is no ink in the cartridge and asking for the change. Can any one help me in this case?

Re: Problem with yellow ink cartridge in HP Photosmart D7160

Hi friend, I am also facing the same problem. And I am not able to find the proper solution on the HP site. I am new on this forum and hope that anyone will help me I this case. I found some solution about it for cleaned the contacts of the new cartridge and then contacts inside the printer with a clean clothe, and this helps me in this case. So I am telling you in the hope that it will also help you in your case.

Hi, I am trying to get this solution because while printing yellow is not printing anymore. The printer is giving me error that I have to install a new one very soon, otherwise printing will not be possible anymore. And as I told you that I installed two new yellow cartridges but non of them are working. The problem is that first indicates 'original HP cartridge installed' and after that it indicates that it is empty. So what can I do now? Did you have any other possible solution to it?

Hey thanks for the reply, I am trying with your reply and I still I am facing the same problem. Because I had told that I am using the new printer from the last few weeks, but you had told me about the old one. I am getting confused with that reply. Any more suggestion about this will be help full for me.

In this case I will suggest you that As the printer works, moves the ink from the ink cartridges in a warehouse in the printhead. The printer does not deliver a message when an ink cartridge is empty, because it still has ink in the reservoir. The printer continues printing until the ink level in the reservoir drops to a trigger point first - then get a message advising the owner of the printer cartridges to replace soon. At this point, the other cartridges are empty but have not reached the trigger point is also mentioned in the message, save trips to the store. After the trigger point first, the printer can continue printing until the ink levels in the reservoir to reach a trigger point seconds. In the second trigger point is not only the ink left to carry out essential maintenance tasks, and a new message appears saying, empty ink cartridges. Options available depend on the remaining useful inks. If no options are offered, the cartridges used must be replaced before printing can continue.

I am having the same yellow ink cartridge problem in my HP Photosmart D7160 and for this I do the following steps to solve this problem:
    For this I move the ink in the printhead from the ink cartridges in a warehouse. At this stage the printer does not give any message like cartridge is empty, I think this is because it was still having the ink in the reservoir. Now my printer is continuous printing until the ink level in the reservoir drops to a trigger point first and after that the other cartridges are empty but have not reached the trigger point is also mentioned in the message. And again thanks for your suggestion.