Thread: Ink System Failure in hp officejet 6500

Ink System Failure in hp officejet 6500

In my hp officejet 6500 printer whenever I give print command at that time I get Ink System Failure message. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem has started suddenly.

I have tried to solve this problem by turning off the printer and then turning on again and again but I am still facing the same problem. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: Ink System Failure in hp officejet 6500

Well according to me you should first try to solve this problem by removing the cartridge from your printer and after that connecting the cartridge with your printer again and after doing that check whether you are having the same problem or not.

you have to first make sure that the cartridge which you are using with your printer is not empty because using the empty cartridge with the printer can also give you this type of message that is why I am telling you to check the cartridge first.

Now after that you have to also check your printer by using different cartridges with your printer. if you have any other cartridges then first remove the cartridge from your printer which you are currently using and after removing that you have to connect other cartridge with your printer and after connecting that you have to check whether you are getting the same message or not. if you are getting the same message after that also then there might be something wrong with your printer only.

if you are having the same problem after changing the cartridges also then i will suggest you to try to solve this issue by using automatic printhead cleaning utility.

If you don’t know about how to use automatic printhead cleaning utility in your printer then you have to do following steps.
    • First you have to start your printer.
    • After starting the printer you have to open the HP Digital Imaging Monitor from Windows system tray.
    • After that you will see the HP Solution Center window.
    • Now after that you have to click on the setting option.
    • After clicking on the setting you have to select the printer setting option.
    • Now you have to select the Printer Toolbox option.
    • From there you have to select the Clean the Printhead and then you have to follow screen instruction
    • After that it will clear the printer head.

I think after doing this trick your problem will get solved.

Well if you have already tried to solve this issue by cleaning the prinhead then try to solve this problem by resetting the printer and after resetting the printer try to print any thing and after that check whether you are getting the same error message or not.

Thank you for giving me quick replies after referring your solutions I have solve this issue by cleaning the print head and after that printer started working properly but next day when I have start the printer at that time when I tried to print anything at that time it didn’t print anything. I have tried to solve this issue by reconnecting the printer but it doesn’t make any difference. please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

As you have said that you are not able to print after cleaning the pinhead then first of all I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by removing the priont head from your printer and reinstalling them. I think after doing that you problem will get solved.

if you don’t know about how to remove the printhead from your printer then you have to first start the printer and after that you have to open cartridge access door. now after that you have to remove the cartridges. After removing the cartridges you have to lift the prinhead and remove it. after removing the prinhead you have to put it back to its original place and then install the cartridge properly and after that you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not. as far as I know you will be able to solve this problem by trying this solution.

if after reinstalling the printhead also if you are facing the same problem then I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the printer drivers. Sometimes reinstalling the drivers also can also solve this kind of issue.

If you are facing the same problem after trying the above solution also then I think there might be something wrong with your printer and I will recommend you to visit the HP service center and there you have to ask about the solution for this problem. I hope there you will get the proper solution.

Well I have tried to solve this issue by removing the printhead and after that I have reinstalled it in my hp officejet 6500 printer and after reinstalling the prinhead also I was getting the same problem. now after that I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers of hp officejet 6500 and after reinstalling the drivers my problem gets solved.