Thread: HP Photosmart C4480 scan problem with Mac OS X 10.5

HP Photosmart C4480 scan problem with Mac OS X 10.5

The C4480 printer has been running for 6 months. Until this week has print, scan and copy without problems. Today I had problems scanning. When you select scan from the printer, the posts are reported "Error Scan. Try to scan from your computer or view the documentation." The documentation is quite specific to Windows. When you select Find Device Manager on the computer HP HP Scan Pro application starts then stalls. The application reports "Error. Scanner Sorry, could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.) The C8480 is connected and responds to print commands immediately after this error report is deleted. Therefore, you can find device, the USB cable should be OK. I Uninstall to uninstall the HP printer software. I downloaded and installed HP_installer_PSC4400_V9.7.1. I have repaired permissions on the Mac using Disk Utility. But the works of the printer and copier, but not scan.

Re: HP Photosmart C4480 scan problem with Mac OS X 10.5

For your problem, I will suggest you do the following steps suggested by me:
    • First Shut down your printer
    • And after this Disconnecting it
    • Restarting the computer after disconnection
    • Reconnecting the printer
    • restarting the printer
    • For some reason this works.
    • This is pretty wierd!

I tried with your solution but my problem not solved. I am also having the exact same problem and I had tried for the solution on net and on so many places but no avail for my problem.

Guys, I tried with your given solution but it not worked in my case. I am suffering with this problem from the one year, and up till now no solution at all. Even I had tried with the HP service center but still there solution not worked in my case. Now I had decided to buy the new printer/scanner, I am doing this thing because my printer is out of warranty period.

Uninstall all HP products and then download the printer driver / bundles if needed. some drivers are just for printing so make sure you're downloading all that is required to run their private choices, exploration, sharing, printing, faxing. I never had problems, but then I downloaded a different driver to use a different HP at work is when I started having problems with my home printer. Delete all files from HP to clean things up and then reinstall my package necessary for my home printer turned things up and running and took very little time in a wireless network with a moderate speed for download. You must ensure that there are only one element of uninstalling attention and ensure that their selection if for all HP products. Also, if you have a lot of HP products list them all and make sure to download each driver of new products, etc. If you have a lot then it may take the same time. When you are selecting uninstall, click Uninstall all products. Hold down "control, option and command button" and click OK to enter and leave the cleaning system files and remove all correctly. This is a wash of.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try for your suggestion and I am sure that this time it will work fro me. Before this I had tried so many suggestion which is suggested me by the HP support center but no results at all. And one more thing about the driver on the HP site, that I am not able to find the scanner driver that will work with the MAC OS X 10.5. the availability was only for the MAC 10.6 which will not work with my system.

I am also having the same issue and I solve my issue using the uninstall/reinstall the driver for it. In your case I think that you will not able to get the driver for your 10.5. I am saying this thing because at the HP site, there is only available driver for the 10.6 not for the 10.5.

Uninstalling the old driver and downloading the latest driver and it works for me. According to your suggestion I tried to download the latest scanner driver for my HP Photosmart C4480 and after installation it starts working fine. Before it I was not able to download the driver for the HP Photosmart C4480 10.5 but now when I keep checking on the HP site I found that they uploaded the driver for it and after that I downloaded it. Thank you for your suggestion because it worked for me. If I will get any other problem then I will reply over here.