Thread: How to Activate Scan in Officejet 6500A Plus?

How to Activate Scan in Officejet 6500A Plus?

Can anyone help me with my printer because I have to activate it every single time during scan? To scan from adobe first then you need to restart the framework to get every last item to work. Please provide a way to stop this.

Re: How to Activate Scan in Officejet 6500A Plus?

Recently installed an OfficeJet 7500A and have the same situation both of my machines need to be re-activated each time I need to output to the computer. I should express, during the installation (I had to do a considerable measure of google searching to get printing working) and this, I'm not inspired with HP product.

HP OJ 6500A Plus, HP OJ 7500A, HP OJ 8500A, HP Photosmart B210, HP Envy D100 All-in-One printers maintain new version of printer application. In this latest version product we should activate the scan features. Future update to this product will empower us to initiate this specialty just once. In any case as of now we should activate it in printer.

Since you are utilizing 64 bit O.S, then in of the several areas the file should be shown:
    Code:
     C:/Program Files(x86)/HP (or) Hewllet-Packard/<modelname>/bin
     C:/Program Files/HP (or) Hewllet-Packard/<modelname>/bin
    The file name will be "ActivateScanToComputer".

No such record in my PC, in the bin directiry or elsewise. In my x86 Program Files bin directiry (but not in the container envelope for the 64-bit program documents) I possess a software file named "ScanToPCActivationApp" Opening that gets me this error: And no such document is on the installation CD that accompanied the printer. On the CD there are dll documents for 32-bit and 64-bit, both named "HPScanMiniDrv_LSK410.dll" Neither of those indexes appear to be on the workstation. Possibly there's something lost from the introduction CD. I have attempted uninstalling the printer documents and reinstalling from the CD, useless.
    Thanks for your help.

I purchased an OfficeJet 6500+ AIO. I am messed with same issues as you fellows. The most effective method to get the scan-to-pc Activated mechanically.

I have found following via Sysinternals Procxp.
    "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z\bin\ScanToPCActivationApp.exe" -deviceID CN0CI123RD05JW:NW -scfn "HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (NET)"
    This order might be added in the Windows registry
    in"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".
    Downside, that it’s not noiseless, you"ll get the messagebox at each boot.
    I am researching a auto script to run this command out of sight and handle the messagebox mechanically.
    Think this may all of you assist you a bit, or wait for the latest version.

A halfway solution to the precise irritating "feature" of needing to manually reactivate the output to PC for 8500A OfficeJets when each boot is the accompanying:
    1. Begin the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A A910_" system.
    2. Double-click on "Scanner Actions" (be deliberate to not click on any of the underlined message).
    3. Single-click on "Activate Scan to Computer"-this will highlight it without booting it off.
    4. Right-click "Activate Scan to Computer" and select "Create shortcut".
    5. Shut the "HP OfficeJet 8500A A910_" project.
    6. Identify the "Activate Scan to Computer-shortcut on your desktop.
    7. Rename it assuming that you wish, e.g., "HPOJP8500A Activate Scan to Computer".
    8. Cut it from your desktop and paste it to your Windows Start Menu's Startup

Following attempting the above steps, my situation is understood. Now each time my PC boots, the project will programmedly run. I have attempted alternate choices likewise but unfortunately, this is just an incomplete explanation resulting from the fact that the system cannot be made to do its thing noiselessly and go distant. It will remain up on the screen until you or someone clicks the "Close" catch, however it finishes actuate mechanically.
    I trust this helps everybody until HP can settle this issue with the intention that Scan to Computer stays engaged like it does for the 8500 Officejets.

The most straightforward way is to make a shortcut from C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f\Bin\ScanToPCActivationApp.exe.

You will then require the name of the printer catalogued under Control Panel->Printers, and the gadget ID. The ID might be found under the "Ports" tab for the printer’s lands.

My Printer Queue Name: HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f (Network)

Printer ID under Ports tab: CN157224PN05JZ

Now, alter the lands of your late shortcut and unite the taking after AFTER the final quote. -deviceID CN157224PN05JZ:NW -scfn "HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f (Network)"

Should look like this.
    "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f\Bin\ScanToPCActivationApp.exe" -deviceID CN157224PN05JZ: NW -scfn "HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f (Network)"

I possess the 6500a plus. In the event that you go to 'system file--hp officejet 6500 e710n-z-bin' you will see the application named ‘hp officejet 6500 e710n-z'. Double clicking on that software, it will start the main printer interface. Under 'scanner activities' you will see 'activate scan to computer'. You would be able to make a short cut on your desktop.